View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:03 pm 
I'm trying to install KnoppMyth on an Intel Mac Mini (not OS X). I've been having trouble with the USB keyboard (I know, I know, don't use USB keyboards, I know).

Anyway, I found a way to use the keyboard but every keypress is doubled. This leaves me unable to install KnoppMyth due to an unfortunate coincidence of how the menus are constructed (the last prompt defaults to "No", so the last doubled Enter keystroke hits "Next" and "No"). I can, however, start the frontend from the live CD. After X starts, the keyboard works normally, even at the text console.

My question is this: is it possible to restart the install process once the live CD has booted? Can I bring up the first menu again and choose "Auto Install"? Or run the scripts it uses to install? Please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:32 pm 
Got it. /sbin/Start. I posted a little too fast.

If anyone is interested, I got the keyboard partially working by plugging it into a USB KVM (it wouldn't work when plugged directly into the Mini) and using a boot parameter:
Code:
boot: knoppmyth acpi=off

I then selected "Frontend" and waited for X to start. Pressing CTRL-OPT-F2 took me back to a text console (where the keyboard worked correctly, though slowly) and I was able to run:
Code:
/sbin/Start

Selecting "Manual Install" (so I could choose /dev/sda instead of /dev/hda) installed KnoppMyth. After rebooting, the keyboard works fine.

It won't connect to my backend server yet; the networking isn't quite right. That should be a relatively small problem (hopefully, like last time, I'll figure it out just after I post this) -- I'll post complete details when I get everything running.