View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:54 am 
This is my first upgrade and I've hit a confuser. After the upgrade most things worked *very* well.

However, I couldn't watch Live TV. Every time I tried to watch TV, the backend would die with no messages that I could find other than a gripe in the backend log about bitrate and maxbitrate not being set in the profile.

So, I did a little database diving and found that MPEG 2 bitrates are contained in the RecordingProfiles table. I setup a recording profile called default in the frontend (settings->tv settings->recording profiles) and selected MPEG2 capture cards. Presto-chango! I could watch and record TV!

Here's the confuser -> It looks like everything I watch on Live TV is getting recorded. Nothing shows in the frontend recorded programs display, but the MediaMVP I have in another room shows a recorded program entry for every single channel change that takes place on the backend machine. We tend to channel pop a lot. So, it looks pretty rediculous in the show all newest first display on the MediaMVP.

I know that the recordings are actually there (and sucking up disk space) because I can play them on the MediaMVP.

How do I delete these extraneous recordings? (They don't show on the frontend.) How do I stop recording everything that I watch on Live TV?

Any help would be *very* welcome.

dave

Last edited by dlester on Tue May 23, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:58 am 
dlester wrote:
Here's the confuser -> It looks like everything I watch on Live TV is getting recorded. Nothing shows in the frontend recorded programs display, but the MediaMVP I have in another room shows a recorded program entry for every single channel change that takes place on the backend machine. We tend to channel pop a lot. So, it looks pretty rediculous in the show all newest first display on the MediaMVP.

I know that the recordings are actually there (and sucking up disk space) because I can play them on the MediaMVP.

How do I delete these extraneous recordings? (They don't show on the frontend.) How do I stop recording everything that I watch on Live TV?

You don't. That's the way it works now. It always recorded live TV to disk in the past it just kept the recordings in a seperate place. Don't worry, it does the right thing expiring those files quickly and by preference.

BTW - This is an FAQ so searching should find a detailed explaination of this feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:51 am 
tjc, thanks. I was very surprised to see those entries on the MediaMVP's recorded programs listing this morning.

I'll search around for an explanation of what to expect with regard to expiring those recordings.

I had read that the cache filesystem was unused and up for grabs for backups, etc. I guess it's all part of the same change.

dave