View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: R5E50 Issues
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:52 pm 
I tried multiple times to install and even when it appears to install cleanly and reboot, I get the same kernel panic message after it scans the hard drives. This same exact setup worked flawlessly with R5D1, and the disks worked fine as far back as R5A30. No idea what to do except revert to R5D1.

Last edited by md10md on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:02 pm 
I was just about to try this. Let me look around for my R5D1 disc first in case something bad happens. I'll post what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:21 pm 
Yea, I think I lost my R5D1 disc in the depths of my office. Ugg... maybe I'll just go back to R5C7, nuvexport worked fine in that unlike R5D1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:02 pm 
So far, so good.

I did an upgrade from R5D1 and it seemed to work fine. The only thing not working is my remote and I can probably figure that out pretty quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:14 pm 
Does R5E50 drop support for the old Air-2PC 0.2 cards ?
I can't get them recognized, even with the 'firmware' file in /lib/firmware/

Post subject: Re: R5E50 Does Not Work
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:12 pm 
md10md wrote:
I tried multiple times to install and even when it appears to install cleanly and reboot, I get the same kernel panic message after it scans the hard drives. This same exact setup worked flawlessly with R5D1, and the disks worked fine as far back as R5A30. No idea what to do except revert to R5D1.

Well I am officially stupid. After I disabled my raid array it messed with something which caused KnoppMyth too kernel panic, flipping a setting in my BIOS should fix it. Manual install is still not working though, it just hangs at the completion. Auto-installing now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:11 pm 
snaproll wrote:
Does R5E50 drop support for the old Air-2PC 0.2 cards ?
I can't get them recognized, even with the 'firmware' file in /lib/firmware/

OK- To answer my own question... they still work... it just took a lot of fiddling back & forth with the zap-2-it dl and channel scans before they got picked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:12 pm 
I'm reverting back to R5D1 for now. It seems as if there is no kernel source in E50 and so I can't install my 1.0-7174 drivers which are the only ones that work well with my vid card. For some reason my remote also wasn't being detected correctly (Hauppauge). We'll see later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:28 am 
I am having the same remote problem with a silver hauppauge. I haven't decided if that is enough to make me go back to R5D1 because I have a lot of files I want to burn using MythArchive.

Edited later:

I also just noticed that I have no OSD while watching TV. Not sure if I did something wrong during setup or not. The TV is there but, for instance, if I press E for edit, the TV pauses but I never get the bar to edit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:51 am 
I have it working, Hi-def with the old Air-to-PC 0.2 cards...
Most noticible is all the variations of de-interlace work without stutter, and Xvmc with bob now have color in the OSD.
Still evaluating at this early stage, but sure is looking good so far...
Many kudos to Cecil & the crew...... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:29 am 
snaproll wrote:
I have it working, Hi-def with the old Air-to-PC 0.2 cards...
Most noticible is all the variations of de-interlace work without stutter, and Xvmc with bob now have color in the OSD.
Still evaluating at this early stage, but sure is looking good so far...
Many kudos to Cecil & the crew...... :D

Cool, may I ask what hardware you're running? I've got a dual-core Athlon with a gig of ram, an NVidia 6200 w 512mb, PVR500 and an old Air2PC... my CPU usage was at like 90 percent watching hi-def (before this upgrade it would be at 12%), but without me doing anything settled down to 40-50% after about 30 minutes. Regular TV is down to like 7%. Lost my remote ATI Wonder 2, and sometimes I switch to a channel and lose sound, switch somewhere else and come back and there's sound again.

Hey, did you redo your tuners and inputs in setup again? If so, when you did "retrieve lineup" for your Air2PC did you have to do an OTA scan or was it able to access your channels from Zap2It? When I click on "Retrieve Lineup" for this card it just flashes and doesn't get any info, I have to do an OTA scan to get a starting channel. My PVR500 setup accesses Zap2It just fine though. This behavior started when Zap2It changed their channel numbers a few weeks back though, not related to this release or the previous (that I know of).

Being that I upgraded without doing a backup first, I'm tempted to just salvage whatever shows I really want out of myth/tv and start from scratch with a fresh install... I get a feeling that the minor mistakes I've made upgrading along the way have snowballed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:44 pm 
jester747 wrote:
Cool, may I ask what hardware you're running? I've got a dual-core Athlon with a gig of ram, an NVidia 6200 w 512mb, PVR500 and an old Air2PC... my CPU usage was at like 90 percent watching hi-def (before this upgrade it would be at 12%), but without me doing anything settled down to 40-50% after about 30 minutes. Regular TV is down to like 7%. Lost my remote ATI Wonder 2, and sometimes I switch to a channel and lose sound, switch somewhere else and come back and there's sound again.

I come at it from the Pentium side. A Pentium 4 3.2 ghz in an IBM ThinkCentre (ebay... natch..)
Has a FX5200 fanless Nvidia card, 128 mb.
2 Air-to-PC 0.2s (with the firmware in)
No conventional cards.
Firefly remote.
Holiday guests preclude running performance test 'til 'later'

[/quote]
Hey, did you redo your tuners and inputs in setup again? If so, when you did "retrieve lineup" for your Air2PC did you have to do an OTA scan or was it able to access your channels from Zap2It? When I click on "Retrieve Lineup" for this card it just flashes and doesn't get any info, I have to do an OTA scan to get a starting channel. My PVR500 setup accesses Zap2It just fine though. This behavior started when Zap2It changed their channel numbers a few weeks back though, not related to this release or the previous (that I know of).[/quote]

Yes, I had a great deal of back & forth with zap-2-it... It seems if the cards weren't picked up immediately, the 'filldatabase' fed back no channels to zap-2-it & the selected channels got removed... As I say... a bunch of back & forth brfore I got it working..

[/quote]
Being that I upgraded without doing a backup first, I'm tempted to just salvage whatever shows I really want out of myth/tv and start from scratch with a fresh install... I get a feeling that the minor mistakes I've made upgrading along the way have snowballed...[/quote]

Hah ! same here... I had a problem putting a formerly working drive back in, decided not to mess with it, & did a complete auto wipe & install.
Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:16 pm 
Thanks for the info! Good to know I'm not alone. Actually, if I were alone, then everybody else would be running just fine, so maybe it's "not" good to know I'm not alone! :-)

snaproll wrote:

What firmware is this? Am I missing something? Got my card off of eBay... one of these: http://tinyurl.com/yckkpm

I'll do some searching, but if you can tell me what this is for I'd appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:35 pm 
I just went back to R5D1.

No OSD and no remote was a bit of a pain and I just didn't feel like figuring it out right now.

Of course, my remote has now stopped working in R5D1 so there must be something else going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:53 pm 
jester747 wrote:

snaproll wrote:

What firmware is this? Am I missing something? Got my card off of eBay... one of these: http://tinyurl.com/yckkpm

I'll do some searching, but if you can tell me what this is for I'd appreciate it.

Ok, my searching yielded that pre-R5C7 the firmware wasn't included... I first installed with R5C7... so I guess that explains why I never had to deal with firmware downloads.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next