View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Inconsistent video
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:34 pm 
Weird problem...

After initially getting Myth working, I was able to watch TV and a recorded program with no problems. Eveything seemed to pretty much work properly. However, I have been getting green screens when trying to watch TV or a recording now. Once when this happened I was able to exit and restart the frontend and it seemed to fix it. Now, that doesn't work. Rebooting doesn't work, either.

Interestingly, when I go to the Watch Recordings screen, the preview does work! What could be the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:49 pm 
Is no one else seeing this? I did a complete reinstall and within 10 minutes of having everything set up it started happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:12 pm 
Are you able to get your XMLTV listings to work?

I have the same problem... The only difference is that I'm a n00b to linux and this is the first time that I've tried to install KnoppMyth -- there is a high probability that I just didn't configure my TV card correctly, which is producing the same problem your having.

This is just a stab in the dark... I think your problem (and mine) is because Zap2it changed their database, making it so the XMLTV listings dont work. There are a few posts out there that talk about a work around for the zap2it problem. I haven't had a chance to try the workaround. If you cant get your TV listings to list anymore, check out this thread:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=138

Check it out and see if that fixes your problem?

--Bugs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:38 pm 
herecomethebugs wrote:
Are you able to get your XMLTV listings to work?

I have the same problem... The only difference is that I'm a n00b to linux and this is the first time that I've tried to install KnoppMyth -- there is a high probability that I just didn't configure my TV card correctly, which is producing the same problem your having.

This is just a stab in the dark... I think your problem (and mine) is because Zap2it changed their database, making it so the XMLTV listings dont work. There are a few posts out there that talk about a work around for the zap2it problem. I haven't had a chance to try the workaround. If you cant get your TV listings to list anymore, check out this thread:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=138

Check it out and see if that fixes your problem?

--Bugs

Unfortunately, my problem occurred before the Zap2it change. Making the change does work for me.

It seems like a problem with sizing the display on the screen. The top half has a green bar (sometimes it is all green) and the lower half has the TV channel split 1/3 2/3. I'm pretty sure recordings are being recorded properly, though, since the preview window in the Watch Recordings section displays properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:51 am 
Well I've never experianced this problem, but since you are still having it I will throw a couple stabs at it. First off, are you viewing on tv or monitor, and what kind of video card do you have? did you install the xvmc support or not, are you using the xv color adjust thing from the menu? That's the places I would start looking, I've never had a green screen, but I did get alot of crashes when I was using XVmc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:21 am 
Xsecrets wrote:
Well I've never experianced this problem, but since you are still having it I will throw a couple stabs at it. First off, are you viewing on tv or monitor, and what kind of video card do you have? did you install the xvmc support or not, are you using the xv color adjust thing from the menu? That's the places I would start looking, I've never had a green screen, but I did get alot of crashes when I was using XVmc.

Thanks for taking a stab at this...

I'm simply using KnoppMyth v4 and haven't installed anything additional. This is being displayed on a monitor currently using a PVR-250. I'm using pretty much default settings, so it must be something to do with the KnoppMyth distribution. My guess at this point is simply an unstable PVR-250 driver, yet others seem to have it working OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:25 pm 
ok what video card a you using? If it supports xv which most do you may want to go into the settings for the playback and turn on the xv color stuff (I forget the exact wording) and see if that makes any difference. I have this on personally, because my pvr250 records things very red, and saturated, and with this I can adjust the color sturation, hue, brightness and contrast on the fly by hitting f to toggle through them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:57 am 
Xsecrets wrote:
ok what video card a you using? If it supports xv which most do you may want to go into the settings for the playback and turn on the xv color stuff (I forget the exact wording) and see if that makes any difference. I have this on personally, because my pvr250 records things very red, and saturated, and with this I can adjust the color sturation, hue, brightness and contrast on the fly by hitting f to toggle through them.

Well, maybe I'm not explaining myself properly. It's not a problem with color saturation, it's that the image is entirely messed up. Maybe a pic would be worth a thousand words, or better yet, a fix! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:00 pm 
You might want to check your video card settings/options in your XF86Config-4 file. Some video cards try to autodetect what they are connected to ie. TV/CRT etc... You could try forcing it to use SVIDEO or Composit NTSC or PAL. Maybe these settings are being overidden somewhere. nVidia cards (like mine) have options like these:

Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO" or Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"

Hope this helps.