View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:46 pm 
Hi all,

I've spent the whole day trying to MythTV installed. So far, the closest I've gotten is with Knoppmyth and that's not very far either unfortunately.

The software installs OK, and then when it gets to the Home page for Myth, after the first install, I clicked watch tv and was able to see a TV picture. No sound. Just picture.

I have it connected to my TV as well. Trying to use the TV out didn't work. I got a blank screen and nothing. When I tried watching a DVD, I got a blank screen with Xine and then the system froze. It would not let me back out. I tried to reboot and now I get an error message:

Could no connect to the master backend server -- is it running? Is the IP address set for it in the setup program correct?

In addition to all of these issues, I have a Kworld ATSC 110 card and ADS Instant TV Deluxe card both of which I understand from browsing should work with Myth, but I have no clue how to set them up.

Any and all help would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Oh, and for the record, my setup:

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
1GB RAM
160GB PATA (where Knoppmyth is installed now)
200GB PATA, 250GB SATA x2
Asus Extreme n6800 (based on Nvidia 6800 chipset)

I think that's all the basic specs. if more details are needed please let me know. I very much would like to get this to work properly. I'm a refugee from Windows and BeyondTV. I didn't like some of the features of BTV and I also had lots of system crashes and lost recordings so I wanted to try this. Please help. Thanks again.

P.S, Please try to be as verbose as you can when you answer any of my questions. I do know how to use a CLI, but not very well having spent so many years in windows land.

Eric