View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:20 pm 
Ok,

So I managed to get my system to a working state, but I had to resort to a bit of a hack. I'm wondering whether someone understands this and could point me in the right direction. If anything isn't clear, let me know and I'll try and correct it.

First off, I backed up my files from 5d1 and followed the "remote" instructions from the upgrade guide--although it was a fresh install.
##Omitting comments
My hardware.conf file has:
LIRCD_ARGS=""
START_LIRCMD=false
LOAD_MODULES=true
DRIVER="default"
DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2"

My /etc/init.d/lirc file is the one I copied from the install cd (with a one-line hack--below)

When I was going through the troubleshooting stages, I found that the system was trying to use /dev/lirc instead of /dev/lirc0. I was able to put some code into /etc/init.d/lirc to create the symlink to /dev/lirc, but that wasn't quite the right approach--and some programs weren't recognizing the remote...

While trying to figure out what was going on, I noticed that the "build_args" function in /etc/init.d/lirc was returning no data--I put a debug line into the lirc file and got no data being returned.

So as a temporary fix, I hard coded these values into the echo statement of build_args (instead of echo $ARGS):
echo "--driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0"

This seemed to work, but is still just a hack. Anyone know why the build_args function would return an empty string? I would like to know if there is something we could put out there that could help others who are trying to troubleshoot the mceusb remotes or whether it was something unique to my situation.

thanks,