View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:11 am 
I am running Knoppmyth R5E50.

Here is what I have done.

I have a hauppauge pvr 150...(actually I bought a hauppauge pvr 250 off ebay.. that’s what it said there... but when I was configuring remote while installation of myth frontend I had to select option d which said "d. PVR-150 w/ transmitter and receiver" coz when I choose "b. Grey remote" my remote was not fully mapped... any idea which PVR I have got???) But its IR blaster didnt seem to work, so I ordered one from www.irblaster.info

So, I plugged in the serial IR Blaster to my only serial port. The IR blaster red light lit up, as I said I have a Light Up MythTV LIRC RS232 IR Blaster and they say that its IR Head lights up red on TX. IS this the right behavior?

Anyway, while my blaster was hooked up I ran the the irblaster.sh script, selected com1 then SA 2200 (I have a SA 3200 but its not listed there, but I believe its ir codes are same as SA 2200 am I right?) after that I got a error saying that the port was busy and hence the script failed. Well then I ran the script again and selected com2 this time and the same settop box and the script seem to have executed (I am not sure though, as I did not get any error message this time).
Then according to http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... asterHowTo there was suppose to be a change_channel.sh script at
Code:
/etc/irblaster/channel_change.sh

But, I didnt find any (Does this mean the irblaster.sh didnt run properly?)
so I got one from http://www.smartspidey.com/change_channel.sh
and stored it as such in that directory. Then I compiled it by typing
Code:
chmod -x change_channel.sh

after that I tried to blast IR by this code
Code:
./change_channel.sh 30

It said
Code:
changing to 30

The IR Blaster is still lit up, and I brought it close to the settops IR receiver but see no channel change.
Is my IR Blaster properly configured?
Is that because I have PVR 150 my lirc is screwed up?
Whats up with the COM port how to figure out which one is the right one?

I am very close and feels like I have hit some kinda rock bottom. Any help would be highly appriciated.
Thakns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:42 am 
This is hardly a KnoppMyth installation issue, and I don't see how posting the same question to 3 different forums will yield better results. See the responses in the General forum.