View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:37 am 
Hi guys I am having a new problem with my system now. I added a second hard drive hdb1 and I followed the wiki LVM how to. The problem is when I ran the script it added my new hard drive but all that I have in the /myth folder is lost&found. My question is can I just mkdir in the partition or is there something that I am missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:51 am 
If you had recordings or other media files already in the /myth you need to use the manual process covered on the wiki rather than the create_lvm.sh script. That should have included safely copying the files into the right places.

If you were doing it as part of a fresh install you can restablish the correct directory tree using the mkmythdir script.

If you had existing media files and used create_lvm.sh without backing them up to another location, you've lost them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:05 pm 
Ya I lost my recordings, I have a bad backup it says something along the lines of trying mythrestore old but it fails. I can live with out the recordings just want the proper directory tree as i was. Thanks for replying TJC I should of followed the manual way but, I had a fresh install and I had been using this LVM on a previous installation and it had some data on it and I just wanted to keep everything in tact and add the hard drive. I should of spent more time reading I jumped the gun, I need a little more patience but, it was deleting my recordings out of /myth/pretty directory as it added new recordings. I am going to try the script thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:26 pm 
canukguy1974 wrote:
I have a bad backup it says something along the lines of trying mythrestore old but it fails.

Since backups are stored in /myth if you lose that you lose them too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 pm 
I ran the script it restored the directory tree just have to recompile the plugins having a few problems with mytharchive giving me an error when trying to run make. Something to do with ffmpeg not sure if this has to do with the /myth tree being erased and restored, just trying to follow through on my post's for reference. Thanks again for replying TJC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:49 pm 
The mytharchive thing may be related to your earlier setup issue. The DB setup is different for a fresh install and an upgrade under the assumption that your restore will take care of things.

A borked restore can thus leave various directory settings pointing to strange places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:32 pm 
I hate to even think this but do you think maybe I should just reinstall my setup I have a mondo rescue disk that will set me back to a fresh copy with my channels setup and scanned but, it doesn't have the new hard drive there. Just a thought I don't have a real lot on this install since I lost my recordings anyway. Or should I keep trying to get this back in order. AH you know I should try to fix it since I am still a noob, I could use the challenges. I am going to try and recompile ffmpeg first and see where that leaves me.