Search for:
 Post subject: can't 'watch tv'
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:05 am 
mobo abit kv8 pro
graphics ati all in wonder 9600
1 gb ram
500 gb sata drive
tuner- wintv-pvr 150

edit: forget question 1, i found my answer by searching again. don't know how i missed it last time. i now have my channels, but very low quality and seemingly black and white. i don't seem to have audio either.
question 1
i just built this pvr, and the install seemed to go fine. right now i'm using a crt computer monitor. when i click 'watch tv', i get a black screen for nearly 40 seconds, then it goes back to the 'home' screen.

i signed up for the schedules direct trial. i ran mythfilldatabase. i set it up to use the tuner on my capture device. i've rebooted, and still no joy. what could cause this black screen?

question 2
i did the install and am viewing mythtv on the crt monitor hooked up to my ati card (vga adapter plugged into dvi port). i also have my television plugged into the s-video output on my ati card. how do i change from the crt monitor to the s-video out, so i can view this on my television?

question 3
how do i set my ati output to the correct refresh rate and resolution? i didn't see this option at a splashscreen when the install started.

i'm hoping i will be able to make this work with the ati graphics card. i did read that they can be a problem with knoppmyth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:52 am 
Please see the Troubleshooting pages on the wiki and the RF27 Hints. They cover most of these issues.