View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:52 pm 
I am making myself a PVR with a Via NX15000G Nano board, and i am using a AverMedia Volar A808 Tuner.
I have decided to use Knoppmyth because it apparently has native support for this Tuner, and trying to install the faulty install scripts from avermedia.com for any other distro i havent been able to get working.
But anyways, the Board i have has 1 x IDE channel and 2 x SATA Channels, for some reason the IDE channel is not channel 0, so i am having some difficulty installing Knoppmyth as it only wants to install to hda whereas mine is hdc, is there anything i can pass the installer at the boot: prompt to tell it that the hdd is hdc. Or any other way to install to hdc, i cannot put the hdd on to hda as there is no other IDE riser and dont have a sata drive and then if it was a sata drive i would have the same problem (sda instead of hda).???

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:08 pm 
With R5F27 (and maybe R5F1 - I don't remember exactly), auto install will install either to /dev/hda or /dev/sda (so feel free to use a SATA drive). If you need to install to /dev/hdc, do a manual install. It's only a few extra steps - the biggest of which being you'll need to partition to drive(s) yourself.