View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:54 am 
In the past, I have always upgraded my KM install with the "Upgrade" option.

This time, I want to do a completely fresh install. (Reason: I believe I've accumulated a bunch of junk in my database such as a few LiveTV recordings that refuse to delete and are holding about 120gb hostage, among other things)

However...I do not want to lose the list of previously recorded shows. In other words, I dont want to start recording reruns of shows I've already watched. I also would like to keep my list of shows to be recorded. Is there a way to just restore those two pieces of the database? If it matters, I'm on 5R27 currently.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 am 
You would be looking for this this. It worked for me to do exactly the same thing as you're trying to do. I went with the manual install option because my hd partitions are a bit complicated.

LinHES 7.1, Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI m/b, Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 3Gb RAM, 80GB PATA (/ & /myth), 2TB SATA (/myth/tv), Gigabyte 8600GT component-out, 2x Dvico HDTV DVB-T Lite, 1x Hauppage HVR-2200 PCIe Dual, Harmony remote with Dvico IR receiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:45 am 
Thanks. I had been reading that thread, but it didn't seem to be what I was looking for. I dont want to keep any recordings. I have watched and archived anything on my system. I want to completely clean it out. The only parts I want back are the recording schedules and the previously recorded information so they didn't rerecord. Not the actual recordings themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:02 am 
Oh ok, sorry I didn't read properly.

I would think it's still pretty close to what you want, minus some of the tables.

LinHES 7.1, Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI m/b, Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 3Gb RAM, 80GB PATA (/ & /myth), 2TB SATA (/myth/tv), Gigabyte 8600GT component-out, 2x Dvico HDTV DVB-T Lite, 1x Hauppage HVR-2200 PCIe Dual, Harmony remote with Dvico IR receiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 pm 
As shade4 says the technique still applies, you just need a different list of tables. See the MythTV wiki for what tables contain which information.