LinHES Forums

R5.5 Installation Hanging During Configuration
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tzoom84 [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:55 pm ]
Post subject:  R5.5 Installation Hanging During Configuration

I'm upgrading from R5F27 to R5.5 currently using the Auto-Upgrade, using tjc's excellent guide and the pamphlet. Everything ran rather well until I went through some of the prompts after reboot (approx. Phase 2b).

After setting up my network, inserting passwords, the install seems to be hanging at the message,

Waiting for schema upgrade to complete

After that message, it has status dots that continue "endlessly"


It's been adding dots and on this step for just over an hour. Has this been seen before?

Thanks everyone!

Author:  Too Many Secrets [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

both upgrades I did today, did this. I just stopped the script (CTR + C) and rebooted and everything was fine.

Author:  knappster [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Like this?

Author:  tzoom84 [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

knappster wrote:

Yep! Just what I was looking for. My searches for "waiting" and "schema" didn't ping that one.


Author:  knappster [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yeah, I often find it hard to find relevant posts, too. That's why we help one another. :D

Author:  bobmyth [ Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

I had the same problem tonight, this may be helpful:
2008-07-12 20:51:28.426 Database Backup complete.
Console is not interactive, cannot ask user about upgrading database schema.
2008-07-12 20:51:28.429 Newest Schema Version : 1214
2008-07-12 20:51:28.431 Upgrading to schema version 1210
2008-07-12 20:51:28.432 DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
Query was: ALTER TABLE program ADD audioprop     tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL; 
Error was: Driver error was [2/1060]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate column name 'audioprop'
new version: 1210
2008-07-12 20:51:28.432 Database Schema upgrade FAILED, unlocking.
2008-07-12 20:51:28.433 Couldn't upgrade database to new schema

More interesting, if I do:
zgrep /myth/backup/mythconverg.sql.gz*

I do not get any matches. To me this suggests the database is being updated in 2 places.

This is how I fixed it:
  • Open a terminal (alt-x)
  • su to root
  • echo Seem to be woken up by USER >> /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
  • mythrestore

This will restore your database, then automatically run the backed which upgraded the database for me.

Author:  tjc [ Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 am ]
Post subject: 

Heh. This makes me really glad I've been careful to keep the restore fixups current... ;-)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group