View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:09 am 
tjc wrote the following in his r5.5 hints post (which was awesome)

tjc wrote:
3.2) MythWeather setup has changed radically. The new stuff requires that you search for appropriate locations near you and what works for one thing (current conditions) often doesn't work for another (radar maps). Zipcodes/postal codes generally don't work. It's painful but in the US at least, a bit of simple research will provide the information needed:

- For current condtions, 18 hour, 3 day and 6 day forecasts, look up your local airport code(s) here - http://www.airnav.com/airports/. (This is a good piece of general knowledge to have for any number of reasons.) For example in the Boston area KBOS (Logan Airport) and KBED (Hanscom Field) are obvious choices. Once you know that, you can use it to search.

- For severe weather alerts the NWS generally does them by county. (Another piece of good general knowledge to have.) Here in the Boston west 'burbs it's "Middlesex" with "Essex", "Suffolk", and "Norfolk" adjacent. Look up your county along with the nearest adjacent counties and use those to search.

- For the radar maps what's available is by major region. Northeast, North Central, Northwest, Southeast, South, Southwest, South Central, East Central, Central, West Central, so use one of these to search.

but I follow the directions and it does not show up in MythWeb...anywhere.

To be clear my backend server works perfectly in ALL other aspects. I can connect to it via PING, HTTP, SSH, and SCP. I recently did an upgrade from r5f27 to r5.5 using the myth backup/restore utility and it worked beautifully. It records everything just fine.

All this post is about is to get MythWeather working again (cuz I love it sooooo much!). Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:28 pm 
Does it work from the menus in the Information Center - Weather? If that works then do the last part .

Quote:
http://YOUR-HOST-OR-IP/mythweb/settings/weather page which initializes the cache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:54 pm 
I avoided replying and PM'ed instead because this is under installation and I'm guessing Cecil will deem it "post-install config" and thus off topic... Unfortunately now that you've followed up whoa can't delete this him(?)self... :(