View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:20 pm 
Hi,

I have a KnoppMyth R5.5 front end that keeps rebuilding it's /etc/xorg.conf file on boot. Every time I change the driver from fbdev to i810 to suite my setup it changes it back on reboot. I have added
Code:
append="apm=power-off nomce nofb noddc nomkxf86config nomkxorgconfig SELINUX_INIT=NO  "
to my lilo.conf and rerun lilo but this isn't working either.

The graphics card appears in lspci as
Code:
"00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04)"

It worked fine in previous versions where I could stick the manual change but it won't work in R5.5. Everything else including my backend server is working perfectly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:53 pm 
After looking further in to it I go annoyed and just reinstalled the system as it's a frontend with very little config on it. After reinstalling I found that the xorg.conf keeps any changes I make after rebooting the computer which is great so now it's using the correct drivers.

I'm only left with one problem now though. The ouput resolution keeps coming up at 1280x768 but I want to run in a 4:3 mode, preferably either 1024x768 or 800x600. My xorg.conf only contains ModeLines for 1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480 but it keeps changing it up. I've had a look at the xorg log files but they don't show anything remarkable apart from it using I2C to do some autosensing. Is this the problem and if so, how do I switch it off??

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:31 am 
There is an auto sensing thingy and an option to turn it off me thinks. Something like "useediddata" or something. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could expand on this option.

nVidia 7300GT - DVICO PCI Remote - R6
Wifey loves it more than me.
--