View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 pm 
Hey all,

I'm sure it's something simple, but my PVR-150 (non-MCE) stopped working when I upgraded to R6. I've tried selecting "Hauppage" and "Hauppage-grey" in the remote setup section. No dice.

No lirc running, no modules running, no nothing. Running irw states either connection refused or "connect: no such file or directory".

Now, if I go into LinHES advanced properties and select "Hauppage" as the receiver (which I assume isn't needed unless I use IRBlaster, which I do not), lircd starts and I can see the modules/etc loaded:

Feb 27 15:10:24 mythboxen lirc_i2c: chip 0x10020 found @ 0x71 (Hauppauge PVR150)
Feb 27 15:10:24 mythboxen lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 10

After this I can run irw and see the correct codes being pressed (DOWN, UP, OK, PAUSE, etc) on my remote. Yet when I go to control my menus, it still doesn't respond to my remote.

Some issues with the earlier fix tutorials: /etc/lirc/ doesn't exist, there is no lirc-reconfig.sh, and there is no hardware.conf in /etc (anywhere). This must be due to the new distro, but I can't make heads or tails.

Anyone else seen this? Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:03 pm 
After you get lirc working (i.e. codes are delivered to irw), you need to restart the frontend.

If your buttons still dont work, check you have a valid and suitable ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:13 pm 
@Ravenium:

Make sure you have a valid /etc/lircd.conf and /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc plus a symlink from /home/mythtv/.lircrc pointing at /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc.

What type or receiver are you using? Serial? We need more information.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:35 pm 
Thanks for the replies!

@mihanson: looks like it's the other way around (/etc/lircd.conf and lircrc are the files, the symlinks are in ~mythtv, etc). Not that it makes a huge difference, but just in case anyone's trying to chase down locations.

I mentioned what type of Receiver I'm using in my first post, but it was buried. I'm using a Hauppage PVR-150 (a PCI card) with the little plug-in out at the back of it to the IR cord. I am not using IR Blaster, since it's low def and I have HD cable running off a splitter separately (this is just a stop gap for recording shows while I'm out of town...maybe I'll get an HD tuner card some day).

@Greg: Funny you should say suitable lircrc, because I was looking through it and thought "hey, I haven't tried some of the buttons...let's try them all"....

Sure enough, it was working all along with "receiver" enabled. It was probably overlooked because 99% of people with this card probably use it to control their cable box with IR Blaster and likely always enable Receiver in Advanced.

I'm not sure WHY it works this way, but perhaps I shouldn't look a gift horse...etc etc..

Basically, when I enable the receiver in Advanced, it apparently does work, but the default mapping is really eff'ed up. the arrows don't work, but channel up/down controls menu up/down, and volume up/down controls forward/back or something. Skip doesn't work, but apparently fast forward makes it skip ahead 10 seconds at a time.

Now, I know this is because of how it's set up in the lircrc file in /etc (~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc and such symlink to it), but I'm wondering if I should either grab a better one or edit it myself. Any preferences?