View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:49 pm 
I have been able to install R5.x (havent tried R5.5 yet) and get the onboard intel video card and my older gateway LCD screen working.

The hardware I have is a Intel D815EEA2/D815EPEA2 motherboard with 815 onboard graphics chipset, 512MB RAM, 130GB HD, 1Ghz Celeron processor, PVR-150 and PVR-350 along with a wireless LAN card. I'm using the onboard VGA for output to a Gateway FPD1750 17" LCD Monitor. Everything worked fine with the Release 5 Final 27 I have been running (I think i had to use some boot commands related to VGA to get the display to come up but I cant recall its been so long), just needed to upgrade the PVR-150 card to a HVR-1600 and wanted to go to the new version.

I start the CD install of LinHES R6.01.00 using the default selection, it gets to the end of the booting and says "Will use Intel" with a command prompt, then it does this (see screen shots):

http://www.heapsoftware.com/IMG00188-20091004-1228.jpg
http://www.heapsoftware.com/IMG00189-20091004-1229.jpg

It alternates between the two and I dont know what it could be. I also tried vesa from the boot menu and that just sat at the command prompt and didn't get as far. I wanted to ask before I go out and start buying all sorts of new parts to see which one is the issue, can you please help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:22 pm 
Maybe someone else can help get it working. My advice would be to purchase an nvidia card and forget about the on board stuff. As an added bonus, you'll be able to use VDPAU to help decode content. I'd recommend the 8400GS which is pretty cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:29 am 
Thanks, I took your recommendation, which I thought was valid myself before posting, and bought the card you are referring to. I got to the install part fine, but after I configured my Netgear WG311 wireless card and it tried to connect to the network and failed. I pressed the continue button and the screen turned off for a few minutes and then it tried to install over again(back to the start). Went though the same thing and got to press the continue button when it couldnt find the network and this time it froze. So I rebooted, selected to use the vesa driver, and got farther this time. I got to where you select the system type (standalone) and remote control type, etc...yet it froze again on this screen and I couldnt get past this screen. I tried rebooting and reinstaling, yet I get to the same point every time. I tried re-downloading the ISO from the FTP site and re-burning at 4X and that didnt help either. I checked the MD5 of the ISO and its valid. Also it said it doesnt support PVR-350's is that correct (I have one installed in the system) ?

It looks like I will have to go back to R5.5 until I can upgrade the MB/Proc to something better, I give up or I get this version working. Thanks for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:19 pm 
Hmm... what are you hardware details? I have R6 running on an old Athlon XP/nforce2 based system just fine using the 8400GS (PCI) card. I dunno much about wireless NICs though.