View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:08 pm 
This morning I upgraded my mythbox to R6. All was well, or close enough. So I upgraded again to the latest packages from "testing" according to instructions found on this forum. Now my video browser is acting bizarre.

It skips files and folders - apparently at random. Some files will play. Most won't. No obvious pattern. Some files of a particular type are visible and will play, some of the same type are visible but won't play, and some just don't show up at all.

I made sure it was set to ignore metadata (not using it anyway) and to show unsupported file types. Didn't help.

Any clues? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 am 
Think I figured it out. While looking at the list of videos, I pressed the "menu" button (on my streamzap remote) and then selected "scan for changes". Waited a few seconds, now all the files are there and they seem to play okay.

Don't know why it no longer transparently auto-scans by default like it did before...

(I had put this under "installation" under the assumption that something deeper had broken while installing updates from the test repository.)