View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
 Post subject: Now on to new problems
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:23 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:45 pm
Posts: 76
It seems I can't win with this reinstall after losing a hard drive.

I have R5.5 installed on both a MBE and SBE. The MBE says its PVR-350 is found and the SBE PVR-350 is unavailable.

the SBE says the opposite. I can watch live TV from either and can watch recorded programs from either. The mythbackend.log on the SBE says it is connecting the mysqldb on the MBE but the MBE does not show that the SBE is registering with it.

I am about to try a reinstall on both unless someone has an idea how to troubleshoot this. This was working before my hard drive died on my MBE,

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:26 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:45 pm
Posts: 76
I take back that the MBE is not seeing it register, it just takes a while then I see this in the MBE mythbackend.log:

Code:
2010-08-31 21:19:40.141 adding: myth01 as a client (events: 0)
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
2010-08-31 21:23:25.756 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
2010-08-31 21:23:25.758 adding: myth01 as a client (events: 0)
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
2010-08-31 21:23:54.378 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
2010-08-31 21:23:54.380 adding: myth02 as a client (events: 0)
2010-08-31 21:23:54.381 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
2010-08-31 21:23:54.382 adding: myth02 as a client (events: 1)
2010-08-31 21:23:54.383 Reloading backend settings


So it is registering but the status of the tuners from the MBE is:

Code:
Encoder status
Encoder 3 is local on myth01 and is not recording.
Encoder 4 is remote on myth02 (currently not connected).


[/code]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:28 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:45 pm
Posts: 76
just deleted all cards from the MBE and SBE and now it only sees the card from the MBE. Any help would be appreciated. I will try a reinstall of both the MBE and SBE this weekends if I can not resolve it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:40 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:51 am
Posts: 173
Location: Uniontown, PA
Before you do a reinstall...

Decide what order you want to see the cards in. That is what card should be first, second, etc.

Delete all cards.

boot up MBE first, the boot the SBE. Check if the SBE can see the MBE via a status display. It'll show storage on the master and slave.

Use the setup to define the cards in the order you want. If it's the SBE first...define them from the SBE. Alternate as you need to.

Maybe that's hard to understand. Let me explain my setup.

I have a MBE with one tuner and the SBE with two. I want the SBE tuners to appear first, so I defined them from the SBE. After they are ready to go, I defined the remaining MBE tuner. I have three tuners, but the SBE cards get first crack at recording anything (unless I override it).

Hope that explanation helps.

One other gotcha: If the MBE is rebooted or the 'backend' is restarted, you MUST restart the SBE backend. MythTV does NOT remember the slaves after a restart. Maybe the newer versions of Myth do, but .20 and .21 do not. Someone out there can correct me if I'm wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:51 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:45 pm
Posts: 76
Thanks Larry, been through that already. I just went through the exercise again and shut both down. Started the MBE and deleted the cards on it. Then added the card on it. After this start the SBE, deleted the card the added it. Still the same problem

Next I deleted the cards from both then shut them both down. Started the MBE added the card. Started the SBE and added the card. Now the card on the SBE is not seen as at all. Before it showed as unavailable. I am at a loss but at least I have the card on the MBE so shows are recording.

The next drastic thing I will try is an upgrade from R5.5 to R5.5 on the MBE to see if that helps. I think the issue here is that the SBE mythbackend.log does not show it finding the card. If I set the machine up as a MBE it works fine, but when I point everything to the MBE in my other room is when I have the problems.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:45 pm
Posts: 76
I am now thinking the way to resolve this will be to install an older version and upgrade it. Before the system was upgrade from release to release and I did not have this issue. Just spent the last 2 hours removing cards and rebooting MBE and SBE in different orders with no joy. I can watch everything recorded by the MBE and use the MBE tuner to watch live TV but the SBE is still not registering the tuner.


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu