View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:25 am 
I have a successful mandrake mythfrontend and backend running for some time on my desktop.

So I put Knoppmyth in my laptop booted great I choose to run a FE, put in the IP address of my desktop. etc... mythfrontend started.

First I went to the program guide, I see the current listings appear same as my desktop but I get a popup that says Could not connect to master backend, is it running is the ip setup correctly.

Well I know the network etc... is working because it is connecting to mysql on the backend over the network and getting the listings.

Any ideas on why the laptop frontend then can't connect to the desktop mythbackend when it is obviously connecting to the backend mysql on the desktop? I assumed it got the IP of the backend in the boot FE setup of Knoppmyth which I specified and was obviously used to successfully connect to the mysql on the desktop on get the listings.

I looked in the mythbackend.log and don't ever see it adding my laptop as a client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:41 am 
Please take a look at:http://mysettopbox.tv/doc.html#frontend

cesman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:53 pm 
I looked at that over and over and I even went looking for the setup program of mythtv but couldn't find it, since it was renamed.

Makes perfect sense now that you point it out hahaha, I was just seeing the mysql part of the FAQ instructions I guess. Ended up having another problem too through realized my desktop was from cvs after .12 and so I think there were some wire protocol changes too but now that I have reverted to .12 on desktop and have setup Knopp with mythtv-setup it works. Thanks! Great job on Knoppmyth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:46 pm 
You're welcome. Thank you!

cesman