View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: nforce2 audio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:17 pm 
I recently installed KnoppMyth on a Shuttle XPC with an nforce2 motherboard. Installation went quite well, the nvidia scripts are awesome, except audio doesn't work.

I have no idea what is done by the nvidia scripts, it seems to me like they installed all the nforce drivers and GLX drivers automatically; but it seems to me like if they installed those drivers, then they already installed the nforce audio drivers. For that matter I am not even sure if the nforce2 needs special audio drivers--i think it just uses the intel8x0 drivers (something like that). However I don't know how to configure this.

I used apt-get to eventually install sndconfig (which has worked well for me in the past) but this did not help; i selected the intel driver but it got some sound card doesn't exist error.

Any help would be appreciated. I think it's safe to assume that either I have done something stupid, or i have not done something simple, since I'm sure many people run knoppmyth on nforce motherboards.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:34 pm 
you should search the boards on this. there are basically two problems it could be

1 the sound is just muted use alsamixer to unmute.

2 some people with the pvr250 have reported that the test_ictl(sic) program has the volume muted on the tvcard which would in turn make it seem like there is no sound.

both issues are covered in detail in other posts on this board.