View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:13 pm 
I'm a total noob who just built a new machine for MythTV. I've searched the forums for a solution to my problem w/o success, though other users have posted about having the same problem. I have a 250GB Samsung SATA drive in my machine, and when I attempt to do a manual install, I get a fatal dialogue error reading "Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4."

At first, if I entered cfdisk, I was told my disk was read-only, and upon closer inspection I saw that the HD cfdisk was reading was actually the RAM disc. Now, I can't enter cfdisk at all: it says "FATAL ERROR: Cannot open disk drive" when I enter cfdisk.

The motherboard BIOS (the mobo is a Biostar TForce 6100-939, a very new mobo) doesn't have any legacy-type options regarding SATA. I've tried just about everything I can in the BIOS and it's not making any difference. It's plain that the big problem is Knoppmyth not ackowledging the SATA drive at all. Any advice/tips etc. on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:12 pm 
wow you and me have the same problem i have the 6100-754 and i gave up and bought a 160GB PATA drive for $50, you can catch the deal at circuitcity it ends today

PATA is flawless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:34 pm 
Thanks for the heads up on that deal. There's a CC just a 15 minute walk from my apartment, and while they're sold out of that $50 160GB drive, they still have the 250GB Western Digital drive for $90, also ending today. I'm running off to go pick one up right now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:09 pm 
Quote:
when I attempt to do a manual install, I get a fatal dialogue error reading "Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4."

Did anyone ever find a real solution for this? I am having this same problem but don't want to use a pata drive.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:13 pm 
I was having the same problem while doing a manual installation and this worked for me:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ght=tokens