View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Web interface problem
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:15 am 
Hello.
First of all, thanks for your great efforts on integration of MythTV into a sliced down Linux distro ;)
I have a small problem with my setup.
Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't access the EPG with my browser.
My MythTV machine has an IP of 10.0.0.70.
When I access this IP from a Windows machine, it automatically redirects to: http://10.0.0.70/program_listing.php
But it times out after a while, and leaves me with a blank screen. I've tried from a couple of machines (both in my intranet), and same thing happens.
I have this IP in the Backend Setup. Both in the IP address for localhost and the Master Server IP.

Another weird thing is that every time I reboot the MythTV machine, I get a different IP :!:
This shouldn't happen, because the MAC address hasn't changed, so I should get the same IP every time from my DHCP server. I did a workaround by setting a fixed IP->MAC address for the MythTV machine in my "Smoothwall" firewall, so now it assigns the same IP to the MythTV machine every time. Just wanted to mention that.
BTW, the standard Knoppix 3.2 (and 3.3) always get the same IP on reboot. So it's something in this distro's setup. Or did I screw up somewhere :?

Thanks,
-kwag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:05 pm 
kwag wrote:
Hello.
First of all, thanks for your great efforts on integration of MythTV into a sliced down Linux distro ;)
I have a small problem with my setup.
Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't access the EPG with my browser.
My MythTV machine has an IP of 10.0.0.70.
When I access this IP from a Windows machine, it automatically redirects to: http://10.0.0.70/program_listing.php
But it times out after a while, and leaves me with a blank screen. I've tried from a couple of machines (both in my intranet), and same thing happens.
I have this IP in the Backend Setup. Both in the IP address for localhost and the Master Server IP.

Odd, cannot really think of anything offhand... Busy trying to get R4 out the door. I'll try and take a look later.
kwag wrote:
Another weird thing is that every time I reboot the MythTV machine, I get a different IP :!:
This shouldn't happen, because the MAC address hasn't changed, so I should get the same IP every time from my DHCP server. I did a workaround by setting a fixed IP->MAC address for the MythTV machine in my "Smoothwall" firewall, so now it assigns the same IP to the MythTV machine every time. Just wanted to mention that.
BTW, the standard Knoppix 3.2 (and 3.3) always get the same IP on reboot. So it's something in this distro's setup. Or did I screw up somewhere :?

I use DHCP on my internal network and always get the same IP, perhaps it is the DHCP server. You can also use KnoppMyth as a DHCP server.

kwag wrote:
Thanks,
-kwag

You're welcome,
cesman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:18 pm 
cesman wrote:
Busy trying to get R4 out the door.

Hi cesman,

Then I'll be right outside the door waiting ;)
In the mean time, I'll do a backup with "mondo", and reinstall R3 from scratch. Maybe I did mess up somewhere.

Thanks,
-kwag

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:08 pm 
kwag,
perhaps you use 2 DHCP Server?
I mean KnoppMyth and your "normal" server both with dhcp-functionality!
I did (server + router) :oops: and had very "funny" errors and a hard time to find out.

steps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:23 pm 
steps wrote:
kwag,
perhaps you use 2 DHCP Server?

Hi steps,

I only have one DHCP server on the network. Unless the KnoppMyth sets up DHCP server :?:
I didn't check that :!:
I assume it shouldn't, just as the standard Knoppix 3.x release, which doesn't.
Quote:
I mean KnoppMyth and your "normal" server both with dhcp-functionality!
I did (server + router) :oops: and had very "funny" errors and a hard time to find out.

steps

Yep, I understand you :)
Two DHCP servers fighting to supply IP's.
Not very healthy for the network :mrgreen:

Thanks,
-kwag