View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:23 am 
I just use the auto-upgrade feature to change from r4v5 to r5a16.....Worked perfect on the first system but I am having issues on the second.

The problem is that I am stuck on 1 channel. When I look at the channel listings both in mythweb and in the guide, I have all my channels. When I watch live tv and try to change the channel, the numbers and program information change but the picture stays at the original channel. I have verified my input source settings they they look correct.

I am wondering if maybe the auto detect feature of ivtv is not working properly?

Here is a # cat /var/log/messages |grep eeprom
Jul 10 18:00:45 mythtv kernel: ivtv: i2c attach [client=tveeprom,ok]
Jul 10 18:00:45 mythtv kernel: tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 32032, rev = B126, serial# = 2751545
Jul 10 18:00:45 mythtv kernel: tveeprom: tuner = Temic 4036FY5 (idx = 26, type = 8)
Jul 10 18:00:45 mythtv kernel: tveeprom: tuner fmt = NTSC(M) (eeprom = 0x08, v4l2 = 0x00001000)
Jul 10 18:00:45 mythtv kernel: tveeprom: audio_processor = MSP3440 (type = 11)

Here is my ivtv file
root@mythtv:~# cat /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
#options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=8
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
#add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
#add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

Any ideas? I have done lots of searching but no luck yet

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:18 pm 
anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:42 pm 
Channel 1 doesn't really exist, at least not here in NTSC-land.
Run mythtv-setup. Under "Input Connections" for your "Tuner 0" set the "Starting channel" to the lowest one that actually exists on your cable system or local broadcast, whichever you're actually using. Also make sure you didn't set the "Pretune to channel" used for IR blasters and other external tuner situation where the card needs to always be on channel 3 or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:04 pm 
I just checked that setting it is empty.

Some other things that I have done:

Re ran the auto upgrade....No change

Tried tuner types 2, 8, 39, and 50.......no luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:16 pm 
If it identifies your tuner type as 8 it's most likely type 8. That's old enough to be pretty figured out.

Presumably you also made sure that there was no external channel change command set right? Also you only have one path (composite, tuner, svideo) through your capture card associated with your "video source" (program listings) right? I.e. - You don't have "cable" associated with everything? Also unless you are using an external tuner that should be "(Tuner 0}".

The next place to look is In the setup menu for the MythTV GUI ... I'd recommned a walk through every config screen looking for anything "odd".

Post subject: Channel 1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:43 pm 
Hi
I also use channel 1 for my composite input and works ok and can manually setup a record. Only two things that are different is A: you can't press R to record and I assume that is because the isn't any epg listing for it. And B: to change off of channel 1 to a channel =>10 you have to either select the channel up (taking you to channel 2) or enter a valid channel 2~9 via remote or keyboard first. After that step all is normal for selections.

Regular record schedules seems to switch off channel 1 with out issue.

In one of the other areas of the form, a gentleman mentions a perl script that added an entry for his composite. Hoping he posts that for us:)

Also, I treat it as seperate source. I use RF as my zap2it and sign it to tuner and start on a prefered channel. I then edit channels, add as 1 NTSC(US) no commercials, then tag Video to composite, with the prefered channel as 1

Hope this bit of info helps, not saying it is correct but does work.
Sorry, forgot to mention R5A16, PVR350 on an e-machine, 16gig drive
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:43 am 
After trying many, many things, I was forced by other parties involved to do a reinstall so that they would quit missing their shows.

Thanks for all the help.

Post subject: The pressures
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:40 pm 
Hi

I understand the intense pressure that can be applied by external situations.... Anyway, if you have an older box to play on, make yourself an "experimental" knoppmyth machine. It will work fine without any tv card and will do most everything except watch or record tv.

If you break it real bad just do an upgrade and start over. Just don't do the step that broke it. Make a safe place to keep your notes in the /myth directory as that is not destroyed on an upgrade. I don't know what the absolute minimum hardware it will run in but I have run it on a Dell GX1, 400mhz, 128meg mem, I think it had a 10 gig hd. Could just barely play music while the visual candy was going however, that doesn't stop it from running and you having a box to learn linux! You want a challenge, make the phone work and share the knowledge. :)

Linux is a serious OS, but it can be a lot of enjoyment also. My kids just love playing Bubbles and I can be doing e-mail, experimenting with a script using the same machine via a terminal or just watching them have giggles and laughs.

Enjoy, try R5A16 as it is a bargin at twice the price!
Mike