View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: mythtv and austria
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:35 am 
Anyone here from austria or germany how's mythtv is running.

I'm now trying to get mine up and running for over a week without any success.

So. Please help me.

greetings,
wrk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:05 pm 
I think you probably need to provide a bit more info...

I'm in Belgium at the moment and I've just managed to get Knoppmyth installed and running. I'm not an expert but would be happy to try and help if you asked a more specific question. Are you having trouble with the channels etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:00 pm 
OK, here's my hardware

I use a
ECS K7SEM Mainborad
Athlon 1700
1024 MB Ram
Hauppauge PVR-350
HD and DVD

I got KnoppMyth up and running on the system but when I try to watch TV I only get a black screen. When I look at the channels table of the Database it's empty.

So the first question is where do insert the channels. I have a list of all frequencies from my provider but it has only numbers and 'S' numbers and I've seen in other postings that there are also 'E' numbers. Never the less I've tried to insert a channel via webmin, but the result is the same only a black screen.

It would be perfect if you could help me.

greetings,
wrk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:48 am 
I guess you have the xmltv listing showing up then? And a list of channels (even if they have blank or incorrect id's) in the channels database? Did you use a built in grabber or an external xml file. If you used the latter, are you sure the source id you put for the --file command is right?

If that's all correct, which field did you try to put the frequencies in via webmin? They need to go into the 'freqid' column, and they need to be the number, S number or E number of the channel you want. The way I figured out which freqid to put in was to check in the frequencies.c file which is part of the mythtv sources. The mythtv sources are in zip files in ~/r4_src. I'm not at home so I can't check the exact folder but hunt around and you will find them.

In the frequencies.c file you will find a whole lot of tables. The europe_west table is made up of four other tables. Look through these and match the frequencies you have from your provider with the frequency id's in the tables. I found that for some channels where I had an S number I need to put SE or something like that. If a particular frequency is not in the tables you will have to modify the file and recompile etc I think to get it - I haven't done this yet... or maybe you can use another id with a fine tune offset - I haven't done that yet either.

Fill in the freqid's in the web interface and click save. This should let you watch TV.

If that doesn't work, there is another problem. When you have the black screen, do ctrl-alt-f1 and see if ivtv is printing out anything. I was having trouble that I could only watch tv about every third time I started up. The other times ivtv was printing ivtv: Timeout waiting for firmware messages. I upgraded to ivtv 0.1.9 and mythtv 0.13 and I haven't seen those errors yet since (I also have a PVR-350).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 am 
Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look at my settings on the weekend.
I'll contact you as soon as I've got any results.

Thanks,
wrk