View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:00 pm 
Hi All!

I've been battleing the TV-out thing with my on-board GF4-MX for the past day and I thought I'd see if anyone here had an answer.

I did a fresh install of R4. When in X, the TV out was hugely out of sync with what the TV can display, but I could at least see that a signal was making it into the TV.

Then, I ran the install-nvidia.sh script and now when I enter X, the TV just blue-screens meaning that either no signal is getting to it or that the signal is so far out of spec that it just "mutes" the signal.

I've done some searching around these forums, but I have mainly found little chunks and snippets of things people have done -- probably mainly because once they get it working, they don't worry about it any longer. Anyway, I've become frustrated enough (with not being able to paste since I don't want to install a browser, limited window size, not being able to install nano without updating kernel headers and breaking other things, etc. -- which are all great for a streamlined install as KnoppMyth is intended, I realize :)) that I'd just like to find an answer and be done with it.

Thus, can anyone provide concise details on enabling S-Video output from an nVidia card? Maybe we could make this a sticky topic, similar to the "sound not working on PVR-250" thread, as I'm sure I'm not the only one lacking this TV-out information.

Thanks!
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:37 pm 
Perhaps a search of the forum...I posted my entire XF86Config-4 yesterday... Other has posted portions of there in the past...

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:26 pm 
Well there are several threads on the board about this exact topic, several which have been active within the last two days, plus it is also covered in the install docs(although maybe not in enough detail)

Sounds like your problem is the refresh rates. TV's are very particular.

horizontal refresh 30 - 50
vertical refresh 60

should do it for most TV's.

there is only one place in the file that has this info just modify the numbers there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:05 pm 
Thanks for the help. Sorry that I did not see the XF86Config-4 posted on page 2 of a "PVR-350 can't even encode" thread as I did not see anything in the subject about TV-out.

Anyway, I'll see what I can come-up with tonight. Also, if this is such a common problem with so many threads, maybe one should be made sticky to avoid repeat postings by people like me.

Mike