View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:46 am 
I have two harddrives. Windows lives on /dev/hda1. I want to install Knoppmyth on /dev/hdb5.

I do a manual configuration and select the appropriate partition. I select mbr for the boot loader. When I go to install I get the usage information for mkfs.ext3, which leads me to believe the script is not passing correct arguments.

Since I've already formatted the partition as ext3, is there a way I could disable that line in a script somewhere so it carries on with the installation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:11 pm 
And those arguments you see are?

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:25 pm 
Well I don't see the arguments because this is inside the gui, but typically when a program prints out its usage (which IS showing up in the gui), it's because an incorrect argument was provided.

If anyone who knows this code well could please point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:05 pm 
Site Admin
What you are most likely seeing is when /XhaY is mounted. The kernel isn't given what fstype it is so it spits out a message. This isn't an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:09 pm 
Actually that's not it at all. Turns out to be incomplete gui design in the installer. When doing a manual configuration the user is prompted to select from any linux type partitions to install knoppmyth on. Turns out you have to explicitly select one before hitting next. I was assuming the hilighted partition would be used, instead, since I hadn't selected one, it just grabbed the variable as being blank. When it went to format a partition, it would fail because none was specified. It's just a point of polish to add to the next release, I guess.