View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:23 am 
Just installed X22 and when I was in the first reboot...

I noticed that the command line was aware of my nvidia video card. It seems at that point it tired to download a driver. I saw quick error messages then something that looked like it took a default driver. A moment later Etho1 came up. But I thinkm I saw something that said something along the lines of "tweaking" before I saw the 10/100 lights come on.

Real qustion is... Do I need to get a new driver using apt-get or something? Is my nvidia card working right and how would I know?

Progress so far...

This install went much better than the X17 I think I used before. This time I can actually record things.

My setup is ment to be a HD PVR. I have the 3000 card and after ca channel scan it finds all my major networks.

Now here is what I got so far.

Recording from Fox of House looks and sounds fine. No real studdering of audio and only a few times is there any pixelazation.

Recordings from ABC of Lost, Pirates of the Carribean, and Boston Legal all have audio issues. The dialog breaks up a lot but the picture seems to be ok.

Recording from CBS seems to have no issues at all.

Now from what I know about my locals...
Fox used to do 480p. I think they were supposed to move to 720p.
CBS has always been 1080i
ABC has always been 720p

Myth set itself to output 1024x768 @75 hz. No idea why it did that or how to fix it. Will be digging around here I guess.

I would like to have the box output what it gets in.
720p in 720p out. 1080i in 1080i out.
What settings do I have to use when I set up recordings to make sure that I just get a recorded not transcoded signal?

When I look at my recordings they seem to be about 5Gigs per hour. I thought that HD was supposed to be like 9 per hour?

Any help would be great but I guess the first parts is gettting things square with my video card.

BTW... when I try to watch live TV I get What looks like low frame persond video till it freezes and then I have to reset the computer to get it out of there. Any ideas there? Ohh and there is no audio in live tv. Audio in recorded streams is as above.

If it helps I am in the DC metro area and my affiliates are
4 NBC WRC
5 Fox WTTG
7 ABC WJLA
9 CBS WUSA

If this is the wrong forum I appologise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:03 am 
Don't worry about the nvidia thing. It has a good driver on the disk, no need to go out to the internet.

Livetv with hdtv is flaky at best right now. biggest thing is usually make sure you have a good channel selected to default to. Pick the one that plays best and has the least artifacts from recordings and set to use that channel by default in mythtv-setup.

somewhere over 5G/hr sounds right for 720p 1080i will be over 7G/hr usually. If your files are anywhere near that size there is no transcoding going on.

The hdtv output is too complicated for me to go into I have limited time this morning, and it has been covered.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:46 pm 
I thank you for your time and explinations.

Spent most of the day messing with the resoltuion that is after I somehow managed to tell the Mythbox to switch from 1024X768 @75 to 640x480 @85. Learned a few things about changing res... the hard way.

Got DVD going thou.

Oddly Myth Music doesn't seem to work. Just hangs when I insert a CD. It shows me the tracks and the option to import it but I can't select anything. If I hit escape about 5 times it will eject the CD.

If you could point me to the step by step for the resolutions thing I would be appertiative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:29 pm 
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2696

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!