View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:18 am 
Hi there.

First, and very important: A big "THANKS" to everyone who made this program possible!

Now my three questions:

1) Did anybody run MythTV with Nextviewepg (http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/index-de.html)? In Germany (and Austria) there is no XMLTV-server left for EPG. So this program seems the only chance to get EPG-info. I had no probs to install it in WinXP but I don't know where (and what) to modify in KnoppMyth. Even I made

download nxtvepg-2.6.0.tar.gz into a new directory (/nextview)
tar xvzf nxtvepg-2.6.0.tar.gz
cd nxtvepg-2.6.0
make clean
make

and got a lot off errors. I think I have to downloadf/install it in another dir - but where?

2) I really don't need some Menupoints like "Games" or "Motion".
Is there a possibility to remove them?

and last but not least

3) My board has a 5.1 soundchip onBoard. Where can I change the alsa(?)-settings from "stereo"(2 speaker) to 5.1 (4 speaker)?

Thanks for any reply

steps

PS: If all is running (still can't see TV and DVD -> but there are other members in here with the same probs, so I won't doublepost any themes), I'll make a HOW-TO (in german) :arrow: reading english is okay for me but I think my grammar is horrible :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:55 am 
So if we every get to Germany, you are buying the beer right?! I no nothing about the nxtvepg program so I cannot help in getting it work. What errors are you getting when you make? Have you checked the nxtvepg site or mailing list to se if this is a common error?

Yes, you can get rid of the items in the menu. Edit /usr/share/mythtv/mainmenu.xml.

I take it you mean 5.1 for DVDs? Setup->DVD Settings->Player Settings. Just specify the options suitable for you cards. The same goes for MythVideo.

cesman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:34 pm 
Hi steps,

i got Nxtvepg working.
try:

apt-get install tk8.4
wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/ ... 1_i386.deb
dpkg -i nxtvepg_2.6.0-1_i386.deb

Run Nxtvepg and export the EPG data as XMLTV file.
Import the xml file in MythTV:

mythfilldatabase --file "FILL_IN_YOUR_TV_SOURCE" -1 your.xml

The sad thing is that the Nxtvepg .xml output seems not to work with Mythtv, i still can not switch channels :(

I am also interested to write or contribute to an German KnoppMyth / MythTV HowTo.
Maybe we can team up ?

Cheers
Claude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:50 pm 
Hi claude.

Thanks for the tip. Will try it tonight.

Quote:
I am also interested to write or contribute to an German KnoppMyth / MythTV HowTo.
Maybe we can team up ?

That's a very good idea! But I think I can't start the project before next year :(

cu steps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:23 pm 
@ cesman:

Quote:
So if we every get to Germany, you are buying the beer right?!

Of course I do! :D

Quote:
I take it you mean 5.1 for DVDs? Setup->DVD Settings->Player Settings. Just specify the options suitable for you cards. The same goes for MythVideo

Jep, I found it. At the moment I have a few problems to understand all the in- and output-ports found in several menus -> think I need a brain-update 8)
Next week I have to work at night so, if it's quiet, I'll take my KnoppMyth-PC at work and explore the "system-secrets". :lol:

have a nice weekend

steps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:36 pm 
Grmpf... forgot claude :(

The program works fine! But there are some difficulties with my cable-tv: It doesn't find any tv- or epg-station. I think it's because the auto-installation from linux: I just tried the same prog in WinXP :arrow: no probs but I had to define the card and also the tuner. I don't have these options in linux and I think that the prog grabs the wrong type of card. Okay, I try to fix it this weekend (or next week, see my reply before ;))

steps