View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Some problems
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:31 am 
I managed to install R4 with no problems (except the one I already had with R3 : dvd drive detected as hda so the kernel didn't boot). But there are some things that don't work after the install. First, I have a black screen when I try to watch TV. This is certainly due to the fact that the mythtv-setup freezes when I try to detect the channels. Then, I can't watch DVDs (that worked on R3) : myth freezes and when I switch on any other tty, I have a loop of 'I/O error on bloc xxx'. Finally, I can't rip DVDs (this didn't work on R3 : it ripped vobs on the hd and then stopped without transcoding but now it won't even rip the vobs)

If anyone can help, thanx
REMslug

My Box :
- ASUS Pundit
- P42.0GhzA (FSB400)
- 512Mo DDR PC3200
- DVD Pioneer 120
- HDD Maxtor Diamond 9 Plus 200Gb
- Hauppauge WinTV PVR250

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:22 am 
Hi.

These are also my probs.
Quote:
First, I have a black screen when I try to watch TV. This is certainly due to the fact that the mythtv-setup freezes when I try to detect the channels

On boot-screen I see the message ..."NTSC"...(sorry, will tell the complete lines later today) but just need (and installed) PAL. Perhaps these occurs that error. During the next days I'll take a look for it (or anyone else find the "real" error").

Quote:
Then, I can't watch DVDs (that worked on R3) : myth freezes and when I switch on any other tty, I have a loop of 'I/O error on bloc xxx'.

Maybe it's from the DVD-Regional-code? I don't know. I thought that there must be a "special-setting" in MYthDVD and will study the Myth-Guide in the next few days.

cu
steps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:47 am 
not sure what the problem with not detecting the channels is, but the dvd problems are because the css code is not install for legal reasons. This means that you cannot watch or rip encripted dvd's (basically all commercial dvd's). I don't want to be held liable for anything so I'll just say why don't you look around in the dvdread docs. /usr/share/doc/libdvdread I think it may have a number after it too just doing this from memory.