View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: My R4 install problems.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:58 am 
I tried R4 last night and it went pretty well. As a matter of fact the automatic install is awesome after the problems I've been having getting it going manually. Anyway, I do have a few issues. I'm used to Redhat and have never used Debian, so maybe things are slightly different.

- I assume webmin is still included in R4, but it isn't running for me, at least not on port 10000. How do I have it start automatically?

- Also, how do I have Samba start automatically?

- From the install doc I gopt the impression the PVR350 grey remote should work right out of the box. Mine does not. Anything I need to do?

- This may not really matter because of the next issue, but I get LiveTV and Recordings appear to work, but when I watch either one I do not have sound. It's set to /dev/dsp right now. (/dev/dsp is what was being used on the same hardware when I installed MythTV on Redhat 9)

- I think, I want to enable the TV Out on the 350. I need to start saa7127 and ivtv-fb. Where do I do that? I don't see the others in /etc/modules.conf, so I'm not sure where this needs to be done.

- Lastly, I'm used to Redhat which doesn't have an XF86Config-4, rather it just has XF86Config. This install seems to have both. I assume I need to add the frame buffer stuff for TV Out. Do I do it in XF86Config or XF86Config-4?

Thanks.
James
Sorry this was so long....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:24 am 
Most of your questions have been answered already, please search. XF86Config-4
As root test_ioctl, enter the appropriate option to unmute sound or to increase volume.

cesman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:01 pm 
jpifer wrote:
From the install doc I got the impression the PVR350 grey remote should work right out of the box. Mine does not. Anything I need to do?

After the install, when you restart the computer and continues the installation process from the xterm, it asks you which modules you want to load. Chose to load lircd. If you are already past that stage, you can go to the command line (CTRL-ALT-F1) and, as root, type in install-i686-l. You may have to restart the computer after this (I'm not sure).

tyro