View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:31 pm 
While completing the post install steps to get MythTV setup, the configuration script just stops. It starts with asking for the root password, then does the time and ip address stuff. After that it scrolls a lot of text past and gets to a part about running /myth/nuv2disc as your mythtv user. And then some stuff about adding the button to the mythtv menu. But it just sits there and never sets up mythtv. I have tried to run mythtv-setup on my own and it complains that there is a lock file that it can't open. I believe that I am missing several steps. In the KnoppMyth instructions I should be selecting a package to install. I would choose the I686 package, but I do not see any choice for selecting this. It doesn't accept a type in of i686 either. Just sits there doing nothing.

Any help would be greatly appretiated.
Thanks
Agent0013

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:40 pm 
Site Admin
Is you system complete locked? Or can you exit the running script?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:06 pm 
Yes, I can close the script down with ctrl-c. It closes the entire terminal window that the configuration script was running in. But I can open other terminal windows and run things. I just don't know why that script does not keep running. I have tried many times now, and the last time I rebooted the script went one step further. It is now at a "BootSplash ..." screen. I guess it is doing something with the spash screen.

By the way, I do have SATA drives so I had to do the manual install. But I didn't have too much problem with any thing up until this step.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:42 am 
Site Admin
After nuv2disc is installed, it should run cd_link.sh to link your CD/DVD-ROM drive. What happens if you run this script?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:59 pm 
I ran the cd_link.sh script and it completed with no visible signal. As the mythtv user it gave several permissions errors, but as root it just ran and came right back to a prompt. This was done in a new xterm window since the automatic window does not have any prompts in it and is just stuck at whatever point it is stuck at. So next I tried a reboot to see if anything has changed, unfortunately nothing did change. The automatic configuration script stopped at it's usual point, right after the part about adding nuv2disc to the mythtv menu.

Is there a way to see what is in this script that is running? What is it's name? Would I be able to run each element of that script manually?