View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:33 am 
Hi,

When I go into the expert menu and try to set up the partitions, I can never continue with the installation. When I quit out of cfdisk (whether I wrote an image or not) I end up back at the screen with the option to partition disks or quit. If I quit, I get a message that flashes too quickly too read and sent back to the same screen. (Turns out after enough times it's a message saying something like "it can't find that command"). :?

Does this mean that Knoppmyth only works for individuals who want to wipe their drive? I have one 200 GB HD and another partition on hda1. I've tried almost everything else with the other partitions, any combination doesn't seem to matter. :(

I've installed Myth from scratch on another system (long and very painful) and I had Knoppmyth working wonderfully on this system before I had to wipe it and wanted to use the manual/expert mode... Knoppmyth is sweet if I can get it to work! Suggestions?

- Jason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:48 pm 
syversen wrote:
When I go into the expert menu and try to set up the partitions, I can never continue with the installation. When I quit out of cfdisk (whether I wrote an image or not) I end up back at the screen with the option to partition disks or quit. If I quit, I get a message that flashes too quickly too read and sent back to the same screen. (Turns out after enough times it's a message saying something like "it can't find that command"). :?

I am having the same problem. I was able to hit ctrl-s fast enough and saw the message:

/usr/local/bin/KnoppMyth-install: line 84: exec_proc: command not found

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:49 pm 
Anyone have an idea how to resolve this? Should we just post somewhere that manual install is broken? Go out and buy a partitioning tool? (Would that even solve the problem?) :?

I'm pretty sharp with Windows and OK in Linux but I'm no boot code genius... and this actually seems like a Knoppix menu problem. It's killing me, since this is the only things standing between me and getting Myth up and running at this point... :x

- Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:05 pm 
I had something similar along these lines... I felt pretty dumb because I fixed it by just hitting the spacebar when my hd was selected for partitioning. It's already highlighted, and I am a linux newb and thought that was enough... Pressing the spacebar put an X next to the hdd, and then I was able to proceed with the manual install.