View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 pm 
Hello,

I've been trying to get the infrared receiver work for ages. I've tried two different receiver modules, one from a TV and one from Guillemot TV card.

The problem is that on the signal line there seems to be voltage when there are NO infrared signals. When I push a remote button, I can clearly hear strong blipping that is picked up even from distance. But I think that comes from the voltage dropping, and not increasing...

So, basically, when I monitor the sound input using arecord, there's a lot of garbage data at idle, but the pattern changes when IR transmissions are made. I've tried adjusting the capture level using alsamixer, but there's garbage data even when the capture level is 0! (Disappears only when capture is turned off)

I've tried the connection at line-in, mic in and cd-audio at motherboard with no success. Connecting the left and right channels and connecting the audio in ground with power ground has made the signal a bit better, but it's still 'reversed'.

Fiddling with the connections and mixer settings, I've managed to get irrecord work quite good - only few 'idle' dots, while pushing a remote button causes a steady and fast line of dots. The only problem are those idle dots - when setting buttons, it thinks that some buttons are always pressed.

I would appreciate if someone told me is this how it's supposed to be. I've searched all over the net and found nothing that would help me... Could it be the connections, or is my IR receiver just not suitable for this? Perhaps it would work but there's signal interference?

Thanks in advance for help... I really want to make it work.