View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: PVR-250 Abit KT7A
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:33 pm 
I just installed KnoppMyth a couple nights ago and that part went smooth. The card I am using was pulled from a media center. On the card it is labeled ASUS Falcon II. Itvt detects it as iTVC16 CX23416 and correctly identifies the encoder chipset. It seems to be compatible with a PVR-250 card.

My main display card is a NVIdia card and the drivers seem to be already loaded correctly by KM.

I have set up KM to download channel listings, the guide, set up /dev/video0 as the main device and the main input being the only tuner listed.

Now the card works fine in my XP system. But in the KnoppMyth environment it only shows a black screen for about 10 seconds and then goes back to the main menu.

When I watch a console I can see that it is trying to open a 0 byte mpeg file, which I guess is a stream, but it says that it can't. The file exists, but obviously it's empty.

I go to a text screen and see that ITVTCTL identifies the card, the encoder, and then tuner. I can use itvt-tune to tune to channels and it says it finds the frequency.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this or point me to a FAQ on troubleshooting behind the scenes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:44 pm 
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... leShooting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:35 pm 
Thanks! I went through the entire FAQ but nothing came close to what I am experiencing.

Alternately I have gone to the ivtv site and gone the route of trying to compile my own driver, etc - in other words, trying to get it to work outside of mythtv and knoppmyth.

No luck, yet.