All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Re: Scratch that
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:30 pm 
Ramrunner wrote:

On the back of my remote, I have HH-338

Do I even have the same remote as you guys?

Regards,
Ed.

Hi Ed,
There are two remotes for the twinhan. A small one with the "full screen" button top-left, and a large one with the power button top-left.

Sounds like you have the (newer) large one. I struggled with this for ages, but gave up: it maps the exact same keys many times for several different buttons and was therefore too hard to program. I can give you the program mapping if you like.

Mike

Post subject: How Curious
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:51 pm 
Quote:
Hi Ed,
There are two remotes for the twinhan. A small one with the "full screen" button top-left, and a large one with the power button top-left.

Sounds like you have the (newer) large one. I struggled with this for ages, but gave up: it maps the exact same keys many times for several different buttons and was therefore too hard to program. I can give you the program mapping if you like.

Mike

How curious, my full screen is top left, which I assume means I have the smaller one.

WAIT - SCRATCH EVERYTHING

I'm sorry to everyone for being a knobend.

I assumed the batteries were good because I was getting a response from the receiver (blinking light) and some keys worked.

Assume nothing!!!

I just swapped the batteries out with my STB remote and all is good. I'm charging up some AAAs now to replace the ones in the Twinhan remote.

So, basically if the batteries are (going) flat, the remote doesn't just stop working, it becomes erratic.

Should've been the first thing I checked :oops: (slaps forehead).

Sorry to bug you all on a Saturday, and thanks for your response Mike.

Ed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:27 am 
Hey guys - great work on getting this working! Any ideas on how to get this to work with the Twinhan Alpha HDTV tuner as well? It has an in-built remote receiver and the remote itself is identical to the one in the pdf above...

I've tried following the instructions above with no success to date...

Code:
dvb-usb: found a 'Twinhan USB2.0 DVB-T receiver (TwinhanDTV Alpha/MagicBox II)' in warm state.
DVB: registering new adapter (Twinhan USB2.0 DVB-T receiver (TwinhanDTV Alpha/MagicBox II)).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Twinhan VP7045/46 USB DVB-T)...
dvb-usb: Twinhan USB2.0 DVB-T receiver (TwinhanDTV Alpha/MagicBox II) successfully initialized and connected.

The modified usbhid is loading but dmesg isn't reporting finding a keyboard or other such hid device...

Edit: in fact, what has happened is my PS2 keyboard mappings have changed ... oh wait, that's because I changed all the SQL bindings - yay!

Code:
mysql> delete from keybindings;

Ahh. that's better.

Any ideas welcome :)

Cheers

Leigh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:36 am 
I can't get the C program that kearnesw made to work under KnoppmythR5E50 and I have changed the path to my usbhid.ko module.
I just get
Code:
usbhid-twinhan.c: In function 'main':
usbhid-twinhan.c:126: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
usbhid-twinhan.c:133: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
usbhid-twinhan.c:141: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
usbhid-twinhan.c:147: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'

Anyone who had had the same problem as me and found a solution to it?

Post subject: Re: Scratch that
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:13 am 
manicmike wrote:
Ramrunner wrote:

On the back of my remote, I have HH-338

Do I even have the same remote as you guys?

Regards,
Ed.

Hi Ed,

Mike

Actually, I can give you the remote if you like. The Twinhan remotes, being USB keyboards, appear to activate a bug in xorg which causes them to lose input (I mean *all* input, both KB + M as well as the remote).
If you aren't having any trouble with them, I can send you one. I have three of the older (small) variety and one of the new.

I'm now using a Streamzap, which works out of the box.

Cheers

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:32 pm 
Quote:
I can't get the C program that kearnesw made to work under KnoppmythR5E50 and I have changed the path to my usbhid.ko module.
Anyone who had had the same problem as me and found a solution to it?

I had the same problem. I got it working by adding
Code:
#include <stdlib.h>

after
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

Go to page Previous  1, 2