View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:29 am 
First, I have done a fair amount of searching on this, mostly I find xvid setups. Which don't seem to apply. I could do that but it would take a fair amount of processing time.

Here is my challenge:
The family found a series they would like to have put onto DVD.
They recorded the entire series of episodes but had set the Transcode to a medium Quality, however they didn't let it transcode (Part 2 was good)
The shows are right now in the original recorded format from the PVR 150.
It did flag the commercials when they were recorded. Once they had the entire series captured they stopped the Recordings so now I have all 26 episodes.

I have edited the Commercial Flags and Generated the Cutlists for all 26 episodes.

When I go in and try to do any form of Transcode from the menu, it seem s that it is only going to do Transcoding at the preset level in the recording script.

Since the original recording schedule was completed and they had all episodes they Canceled the schedule. That deleted the Original Recording schedule.

I tried creating a new recording schedule against those recordings and it generated that but when I looked at the existing recordings they would still say the schedule was stopped so I am guessing they are now sort of orphaned as far as changing their settings from a menu.

Is there a way I can edit the original recording settings for that group of shows and change the Transcoding options so it would only be "Lossless transcoding" or have it only cut the commercials from the Cutlist?

I will probably be doing an upgrade to the latest version, but since R5C7 has been so solid and it works I would rather wait at this time. I am hoping to get this resolved so I can set these down on DVD for my daughter to take back with her from Spring Break.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

SBE: AMD Dur1800, 512M, PVR500