View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm 
I have been able to successfully boot off the knoppmyth cd, then select frontend and after filling in various info (backend ip, database connection stuff)... I have a working frontend.

What i want to be able to do is create a CD that i can stick in a laptop which will boot up such that i don't have to specify all the information each time.

I read the knoppmyth wiki which explains how to setup a diskless frontend. I ran the script and it completed successfully.

But, now i'm not sure how to go about booting off it. I've done a lot of searching and i'm not sure the way i'm supposed to do this... I read up on PXE and it seems like if i abandoned my current router and had my backend act as the DHCP server then if i had certain hardware i'd be able to tell the computer to boot via PXE.

I found various other guides for making a flash drive be the boot disk but i got the impression since there were no instructions in the how to wiki about how to create a bootable client disk of some sort that this must be something obvious that i've never come across.

Is there such thing as a bootable cd image creator that lets me specify the path to the network file share and just boot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:47 am 
Site Admin
Remaster. Search knoppix.net for details. This is how KnoppMyth was originally remastered from Knoppix.