View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:39 pm 
I have a ZoneMinder box set up and was wondering if there was any way to incorporate the MythZoneMinder plug-in into my existing KnoppMyth intsallation?

Here is the link it the MythZoneMinder plug-in.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythZoneMinder

I'm not necessarily looking for a step-by-step, just a point an a general direction.

Thanks!
Ryan

Last edited by ryscar on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:07 pm 
I dunno the answer, but the plug-in looks cool. I've been thinking of setting up a ZM system for my own home since I travel more than I'd like. I gather from reading the Wiki that the ZM box is distinct and separate from the Mythbox, and that the plug-in in question just provides a UI on your MythTv for the ZoneMinder box.

As to the availability of the plug-in, you might need to load the SVN version of Myth, which is documented somewhere around here or on the KM wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:51 am 
Yeah, I was looking into the SVN stuff, I just have to worry about breaking the box, don't want to water off the girlfriend.

If you want to check out the ZM live cd, here is a link to the torrent for the latest version.
http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id ... so.torrent
I ran it and it worked great. I decided to run it on Ubuntu because I am familiar with that distro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:54 pm 
Well installed ZoneMinder on R5F1, and didn't blow up the box. Some PHP dependencies. I checked MythWeb too and was fine.

I haven't looked into configuration of ZM yet or upgraded this machine to SVN, but the Debian unstanble version installs looks greater than requirement of ZoneMinder Plugin in SVN.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/zoneminder

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Debian

What I did,

change to unstable in /etc/apt/sources.list

Code:
apt-get update
aptititude install zoneminder

Output
Code:
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  php4 zoneminder
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libapache2-mod-php4 php4-common
2 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 602 not upgraded.
Need to get 3119kB of archives. After unpacking 4633kB will be used.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  php4-mysql: Depends: php4-common (= 6:4.4.4-8) but 6:4.4.4-8+etch1 is to be installed.
  libapache-mod-php4: Depends: php4-common (= 6:4.4.4-8) but 6:4.4.4-8+etch1 is to be installed.
Resolving dependencies...
The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Upgrade the following packages:
libapache-mod-php4 [6:4.4.4-8 (now) -> 6:4.4.4-8+etch1 (stable)]
php4-mysql [6:4.4.4-8 (now) -> 6:4.4.4-8+etch1 (stable)]

Score is -50

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] Y

The following NEW packages will be installed:
  php4 zoneminder
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libapache-mod-php4 libapache2-mod-php4 php4-common php4-mysql
4 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 600 not upgraded.
Need to get 4733kB of archives. After unpacking 4633kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] Y

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:05 pm 
hmmm doing this killed my mythweb, now gett 500 errors...

Post subject: anyone still on this?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:32 am 
I have a separate box I run zoneminder on too. I tried motion but it wasn't for me. I built another box to run my 9 home security cameras. I like the zoneminder because it is extremely full featured, fairly well supported and can be quickly tweaked on the fly. I recently even put in an IR crib cam for the expected baby. :)

I tried it on the KM box about 2 years ago but I couldn't get it to play nice together. It worked on Debian fine for me 'til I rebuilt my ZM box in September, 2007. At this point I couldn't make it run even though this is the first time ZM was available as a quick install from the unstable repository....just wouldn't fly. I did a quick install of Fedora Core 7 and installed ZM with Yum. I've had the FC7 machine running my ZM server since.

In a perfect world I'd love to have ZM running on my KM box. I have been able to install Mythfrontend, with NFS, on the FC7 so it just looks like a front end of Mythtv...It is in the garage/game room. So far this is good since I practically never use the ZM machine to view my cameras.

If you do something like this you can set up mythweb to show the montage of all/selected cameras which is cool. I have Ubuntu on a laptop with Mythbuntu frontend tapped into the KM box which taps into the TV etc. from KM and the cameras of ZM (through mythweb) in what is visually one application.

I just figured I'd share how I've positioned myself regarding this issue and ask if anyone had been able to get a reliable server running on their KM box.

I'm resistant to running it on my KM box because I love to upgrade my KM box at each release....usually too early...and I can't make time to troubleshoot two boxes at one time. Usually I'm hustling just to make KM work right as quickly as possible so the wife doesn't cut off my alchohol supply :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:10 am 
I know what you mean about getting the alcohol supply cut off. I have learned not to do a KM upgrade on a night when the girlfriends shows are on.

When you say that you have mythweb setup to show you a montage of your ZM cameras, do you mean you are using the mythbrowser from within mythtv, or are you doing it a different way?

My real goal here is to be able to display the camera covering the front door with the touch of a button on the remote. I know I could get the button sequence to work, either through the config file or a macro on my remote, I'm just not sure what is the best way to get the camera to display on KM. Thats why I was looking at the plug-in at first.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:50 am 
I just have it set up in mythbrowser. When I was more up to speed I was considering putting in a button that would open mythweb and go to the montage page. ... But now I have an old treo 650 with a bluetooth connection....I'm trying to get it to connect to the zoneminder box automatically for real time viewing from anywhere in the house. (still a painful work in progress) This will probably be put on the back burner when the new release of KM is out in a few weeks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:28 pm 
Hey all,
Well, I just upgraded to 5.5 and it was the smoothest upgrade yet! Thanks!

And I see now that mythzonminder is included so I figured I would try this again.

I have tried to get it to see my zoneminder server but haven't had much luck yet. If anyone has any pointers, I would appreciate it.

I have tried setting the server IP and setting the port to 3306 because that is what it is on my ZM server but I get the following message.
Code:
 Protocol error: 'L' is not a valid size prefix. 72 bytes pending.

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:07 am 
Hi,
To get ZM setup, I run this tweak as root:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#tweaks for zoneminder
#
# Hints from
#http://www.howtoforge.com/video_surveillance_zoneminder_ubuntu
adduser www-data video
ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf
/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload
/etc/init.d/zonminder start
echo "ZoneMinder should be launchable http://localhost:port/zm"
echo "It will not be restarted on a reboot, I manually start as needed"

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 65beaf701s
R5.5 has issues trying to use with the bttv 878 chip but should work with an ip camera.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:02 am 
Thanks but, I don't thinks thats what I am looking for. I know that is what is needed to get ZM working but I already have it working on a different box.

The problem I am having is getting the mythzonminder to connect to my separate working ZM installation that is on a different box. It's kind of a frontend/backend situation. I was thinking that I should be able to point the ZM database settings on my Knoppmyth box to the database on my ZM box? I know some of the paths on the mythzoneminder end my not be right but once I get the database to connect I could sort out the linking.

Anyway, I will probably keep messing with it for a while and see what I cone up with.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:39 pm 
Hi,

Guess I read it worng :( I connect to my zoneminder via firefox using http://<ip>/zm Next best thing to being there.

To have it running on R5.5 and be usable with a capture card is a different story.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:39 am 
Well, I seem to have it working.

Here is what I have:
ZoneMinder 1.22.3 installation is on an Ubuntu server installation on a different box. (I did a How-To on the ZM forums a while ago but I believe it is out of date by now)
Knoppmyth is version R5.5 and also, obviously, on a different box.

Here is what I did:
From the Knoppmyth box, I copied mythzmserver located in /usr/bin to my ZoneMinder box and put it in /usr/bin.
Then I made mythzmserver an executable.
Code:
chmod 755 /usr/bin/mythzmserver

I then needed to make mythzmserver start at boot so I added the following to /etc/rc.local
Code:
/usr/bin/mythzmserver -d -c /etc/zm/zm.conf

The -d makes it run as a daemon and the -c lets you tell it where the zm.conf file is located. The default location looks to /etc/zm.conf so, if yours is there you can leave out the -c.

The last thing to do is set change your database IP on the MythZoneMinder settings page. That Is located: Utilities/Setup=>Setup=>ZoneMinder Settings. Oh, and you should probably reboot everything just to make sure that it all works without intervention.

-ryscar