View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:26 pm 
Most importantly, remember to look right before stepping off the curb, or the rest of the advice in the thread will be moot. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:10 pm 
Thanks for the advice ...But being Canadian I only have to lose 10lbs and speak up.
I recreated my source and now I get the following error:

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2008-01-14 00:37 and ended on 2008-01-14 00:48. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 65280.
It looks like most of my guide data is missing after tonight. I am getting my guide data over the air.

And I tried all the remote fixes. While it seems better it still glitches now and then.

note: when I try to fill mythfilldatabase as root I get error 512. I think I should have left it with the guide data until 2025. When i look the my guide it looks like it might be filling up slowly....maybe I am seeing things.

oh and from the shell

config file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/freeview.xmltv is empty, please delete and run me with --configure
2008-01-14 03:40:44.534 ------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
2008-01-14 03:40:44.535 FAILED: xmltv returned error code 65280.
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:57 pm 
Just an update.... After messing around and copying a my Freeview.xmltv from root to mythtv the systems is slowly loading the data. It's been over 4 hours and it's still doing EIT updates.

Is it normal for EIT to be this slow? mythweb is still showing the following :
Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2008-01-14 14:18 and ended on 2008-01-14 14:29. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 65280.
There's guide data until 2008-01-22 06:00 (8 days).

Should I try a fresh install??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:09 pm 
If you use EIT-scanning , you dont need XMLTV and mythfilldatabase .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:11 pm 
I figured that much.... how do I disable them... or is it the fact that I ran it during setup. (as the system told me to do)

What's the best way to remove channels from the list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:31 pm 
cloudtrix wrote:
I figured that much.... how do I disable them...

Mainmenu ( Home)> Utilities and Setup>General , page 7 -uncheck "Automatically run mythfilldatabase".

EIT-scanning is slow after installation because you dont have any existing data .
After that , i think its scanning always when my mythbox running and keep program guide up to date .

My mythweb also showing errors ,because i too ran it setup ...

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2006-07-16 16:38 and ended on 2006-07-16 16:43. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data into the Guide. This can indicate a potential grabber failure.
There's guide data until 2008-01-21 20:00 (7 days).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:56 am 
What initially seemed to have been the easiest knoppmyth installation is now proving to be the most difficult.

There is no clear instructions for dvb-t setup. It would be nice to have an options for an ota only input. As of last night my system was still updating guide data ota. While it seems to be working I don't think it should take this long as my stand alone freeview box updates in minutes.

The latest issue I hit is that after watching live tv for a while (no more then 45 min) knoppmyth stops playing with Error Was encountered while displaying video. I read that this is a known unsolved issue. Recordings on the other hand seem to be fine. This systme didn't have this issue before (2 years running) and the only changes are the nova-t card the latest cut of knoppmyth and a custom modline.

I think I am going to try a clean install once more.

I understand that most issues are not directly knoppmyth related and I appricaite all the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm 
Hi, I've been keeping an eye on this despite being a native. A bit late but - welcome to England!

I run nova-t's and do see see the 'error encountered message'. I believe that is partially (mileage may vary) alleviated by unchecking (or checking - forget which) the wait for SEQ headers somewhere in the Mythtv-setup.

Ah, here a thread that mentions this fix: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14642&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=seq+headers&start=135

Hope you are finding this wet English weather fun. Hopefully the weekend will be better. Ah, think I've fallen into that stereotype thing of all British talking about the weather.

Regards Chris

oh, and I don't get any errors about getting data via EIT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:11 am 
Last and final update on this topic. I did clean install and....

Channel info loads quick. I still have a mythfilldatabase error but there is no issue. I made the wait time on my card longer and changed the SEQ. While I still get the occasional exit from live tv at is far and few between.

I had to change the setting for detect duplicate shows. The default setting is sub titles and description. This still recorded duplicates of the same show. this is a bit misleading. As I understand this option also looks at the show ID. It seems that the same show on a different time time has a different ID. Changing the option to show description only fixed the duplicate shows.

The remote works but it still has times where it hiccups.

Other then that all is well.

cheers to all.

Go to page Previous  1, 2