View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:20 am 
Thank you Cecil, tjc, and everyone else for your awesome tips for upgrading to R5F27. I did it yesterday (waiting to the last possible moment) and, for the most part, it went really smoothly.

I'm having a couple of remaining problems, though, with AVI playback in MythVideo. Unfortunately, something funky is going on with all three of my normal options.

Internal Player:
With R5F1 I'd been using the Internal player, but after the upgrade files that had been playing fine were stuttering badly. Well, time to give mplayer another try...

Mplayer:
I removed my AVI filetype command so that AVIs would play with the default Mplayer command. When I did that, the audio played, mplayer responded to the remote, but it never took window focus and mythfrontend remained on the screen instead. Okay, that's weird... how about Xine?

Xine:
Added an AVI filetype command to have it play with Xine (xine -pfhq --no-splash %s). This worked like a charm except OSD items in Xine were getting stuck on the screen. For example, if I paused at, say 1:52/30:00, when I started playing again that timestamp remained on the screen.

For now I've disabled OSD in the Xine config. It's less than optimal but, at the very least, I can watch the AVIs.

None of this happened with R5F1 so I figure they can all be solved. I'm soliciting ideas about any of these problems. :)

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:25 pm 
I had the same problem with the mplayer-resumer.pl , it was like mplayer wasnt creating a window at all, I had several mplayers running at the same time. So not a focus issue as the screen wasn't there to focus on.

I just switched to xine, which I was used to for videos anyways. My OSD seems to clear just fine after pausing.

Using a pvr-350 tv out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:00 pm 
Eduardo wrote:
I had the same problem with the mplayer-resumer.pl , it was like mplayer wasnt creating a window at all, I had several mplayers running at the same time. So not a focus issue as the screen wasn't there to focus on.

I just switched to xine, which I was used to for videos anyways. My OSD seems to clear just fine after pausing.

Using a pvr-350 tv out

That's really interesting. Do you think that reinstalling mplayer might clear up the issue?

I, too, am using a PVR-350 TV out - I forgot to mention that in my initial post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:21 pm 
I too had this problem happening with my upgrade. I also have a PVR 350 using the TV-Out and after the upgrade, mplayer launched from the mhtvideo did not open a video window but played the sound. So I had to switch to Xine, but I didn't like it since I had already had my remote setup for mplayer and Xine can't get the aspect ratio right with the PVR TV-out.

Mplayer would work when launched from a terminal window though.

Anyhow, a week has passed since the upgrade and I decided to play with it again, and low and behold mplayer works fine now. I don't have a clue what the original problem was, but my advice to you is to keep trying it can work with your system.

Too bad I don't know what change I made to make it work. I have installed other packages since then including: gnomebaker, iceweasel, and pan. Maybe one of these installed a dependency that made Mplayer work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:37 am 
I just tried mplayer again, which failed, but I found this in my mythfrontend.log file:

Code:
Playing /myth/video/notimportant.avi
AVI file format detected.
VIDEO:  [DX50]  548x290  12bpp  23.976 fps  919.0 kbps (112.2 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 Software: VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 (build 2366/release)
Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".
[VO_XV] Sorry, Xv not supported by this X11 version/driver
[VO_XV] ******** Try with  -vo x11  or  -vo sdl  *********
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52
Using 3DNowEx optimized IMDCT transform
Using MMX optimized resampler
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/12.50% (ratio: 24000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [a52] afm: liba52 (AC3-liba52)
==========================================================================
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...

Seems like either my XVideo extension is missing or it's not loading. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:17 pm 
any solve this issue? i have the same issue after an upgrade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:17 am 
No luck here yet. I took a bit of a break during postseason baseball, but my most recent attempt was following the directions for upgrading to the newest version of Mplayer (http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4706). That didn't help.

Any other ideas out there? I'm thinking about seeing if there's a new version of the IVTV drivers, but I'm not sure that will help at all.