View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:40 pm 
It seems its creating a temporary file in /myth/tv. My myth box gets "flaky" when /myth/tv gets full. Should I be concerned about this?

Also what quality setting is being used for the Xvid conversion? Can it be adjusted?

Lastly... I can't seem to compile this. I named it mythtranscode2xvid.cpp. I'm thinking all i have to do is

Code:
g++ mythtranscode2xvid.cpp

but I'm not sure and I'm getting a lot of errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:24 pm 
mogator88 wrote:
It seems its creating a temporary file in /myth/tv. My myth box gets "flaky" when /myth/tv gets full. Should I be concerned about this?

Also what quality setting is being used for the Xvid conversion? Can it be adjusted?

Lastly... I can't seem to compile this. I named it mythtranscode2xvid.cpp. I'm thinking all i have to do is

Code:
g++ mythtranscode2xvid.cpp

but I'm not sure and I'm getting a lot of errors.

Since I basically rewrote the mythtranscode program, it will not compile on it's own, it needs to be compiled with the mythtv source. Here's what you need to do step by step:

1) Save the code I posted earlier into a file called main.cpp
2) Download and compile the mythtv source (compiling will take a while even on a powerful machine). To do this I did the following while logged in as root:
Code:
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythtv
cd mythtv
./configure --prefix=/usr --arch=i586 --enable-dvb --enable-firewire --dvb-path=/usr/include --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-vld --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-mmx --enable-proc-opt --enable-memalign-hack --enable-xvmc-pro
qmake mythtv.pro
make

3) While still in the mythtv folder from step 2, copy the main.cpp file from step 1 into programs/mythtranscode overwriting the existing one. Then run make again.
4) Rename programs/mythtranscode/mythtranscode to myth2xvid (or whatever you want), and copy it to /usr/local/bin
5) Setup a user job: myth2xvid "%FILE%"

As for the settings I use to convert, look for this line in the code I posted
Code:
execl( "/usr/local/bin/nuvexport"

And you will see all the args I'm passing to nuvexport and can change them to whatever you like.

It does create the avi in /myth/tv (but that's it, there is no temporary file) and deletes the original when done. I don't know if watching from the recordings menu would work if you changed this. This was the way mythtranscode worked so I left it like that.

And it's not 100% bug free so use at your own risk. So far I've transcoded around 30 shows with it and only had a problem once. For some reason the filename nuvexport created was different than what I set it to use (and what I update the database to be). So watch recordings said the file didn't exist, renaming the file to what it should have been fixed it.

Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:32 pm 
Quote:
Since I basically rewrote the mythtranscode program, it will not compile on it's own, it needs to be compiled with the mythtv source.

I think I'll take you up on your earlier offer to email me the binary.

mogator88 AT netzero DOT net

Thanks a million!

Go to page Previous  1, 2