View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:45 am 
Is there an option to save position on exit, like there is with watching recordings ?

I just had Myth read through a share of music, and I tried playing it via "All My Music". When I quit out of the Music option, and go back in, it starts from the beginning again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:53 am 
I have gotten the feeling from the community that MythMusic is way better than nothing, but way less than MythTv....live with it. In other words many people have had the same pretty obvious feature requests but the people who spent most of the effort to get MythMusic to where it is have stopped. I guess its too difficult to get it moving again. Its not a plug in of a currently developed software like mplayer or xine so the features are pretty much stuck.

If you have a high res monitor on your myth system though you might google search for mythtv and amarok. I think there is some progress on a mashup or slap together of these that may be half way useable. Amarok's features are awesome... The user interface though may be a deal breaker with a remote or at low resolution.
I hope some capable people get involved and modernize the music portion of knoppmyth or ubuntu myth or maybe even mythmusic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:07 am 
Ok, that confirms my thoughts too ;p

What do others use in it's place ?
I've done a quick search on mythmusic replacement, but had no luck.

Maybe it's worth using a different music client altogether.

Edit: found http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2007-July/ which has a few threads on people discussing some architectural changes to MythMusic.
It's an interesting read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:38 am 
I've done some hunting for a music client/player that will resume play at the point the player was quit, but there doesn't appear to be one.

I did find a plugin for xmms called Xmms-Perl.
According to http://search.cpan.org/~dougm/Xmms-Perl ... ib/Xmms.pm it is capable of resuming playback in the manner I'm after.

Not sure how easy it would be to handle via the front end through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:33 am 
I installed libxmms-perl and xmms.

Running
Code:
  export DISPLAY=:0
  perl -MXmms -e shell

gives me the shell described at the xmml-perl home page.
It works and resumes properly.

I did find that the shell somehow steals the application focus from the mythtv menus. When I quit the perl shell, I can move around again.

I also found an utility called xmmsctrl which appears to be similar to this perl library, but I don't think it handles resuming from the last quit point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:01 pm 
So does this work seemlessly for you with mythmusic. I only have a remote, and this might be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:10 pm 
You guys could try MythTV .21 SVN too. There has been a lot of work in Mythmusic lately and "resume playback position" is a feature already implemented. Another feature just implemented is the MythMusic mini browser, it allows MythMusic to continue playing after you exit Mythmusic so you can use MythGallery, MythNews, or browse the menus while music is still playing.