View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:56 am 
I have noticed a couple of items with Cutlists since upgrading from R5C7 to R5F27

First when you go in to edit a cutlist
The display at the bottom: I see that the timeline for the program is still there. The Darkend portions (the commercials) are in about the right place, but the Cut List points are now shifted to the left somewhat. So much so that an Intro cut is no longer on the screen.

That is not major but it does show up.

Second issue again not major
I am editing a cutlist and the desired effect it to be setting Cuts on the Keyframe as that provides the cleanest transition while removing the material between Cut points.

When you go forward by Keyframe, the display counter at the top actually shows you are moving 1 sec at a time or 2 key frames. When you then go backwards, the display counter shows that you are moving 1 Keyframe or 15 frames at a time. This is strange behavior but I can duplicate it on old recordings and on brand new recordings.

I have also tried regenrating the Comm Flagging and it appears exaclty the same.

One other anamoly that shows up, when I advance by 1 sec through the highest setting, I do't always see a picture change although the counter and the slide bar says we are advancing. It is worse at bigger steps in the changes. When I go back whatever step I am usi9ng it then displays the frame/position I just skipped over.

Not sure what is causing this, thought I would throw it out here see if anyone else is seeing similar interactions.

fwiw, I upgraded the system from R5C7 to R5F27 and it really went well.

My configuration is below:

SBE: AMD Dur1800, 512M, PVR500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:15 pm 
I have had some time to dig around on my box a bit.
I looked at the mysql tables, ran a check of the databases. I didn't have any crashed tables but I went ahead and ran the global fix because it showed several variances in the Index.

This seems to have made the responsiveness better when moving forward in a program.

I still have the issue when moving by keyframe that ii is 2 keyframes forward and 1 keyframe back. Also the display is still shifted, no change there.

I'll keep digging.