View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:34 am 
I forgot some of my shows I wanted to keep had Auto expire enabled, and they were removed from the system. But I had a backup copy of the files on another drive. I know that by just copying the files back to the directory, they wouldn't be restored back into the database, so I was wondering if there was a way to put back those entries? I know I have the episode info etc still in the database though since it is listed under the previously recorded list.

I thought there was a script that did this but I just can't remember the name at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:03 am 
A quick forum search for "restore show" turns up http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... store+show which points to myth.rebuilddatabase.pl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:32 am 
If you don't want to mess with the database, you can also just drop the files into /myth/video/ and watch them from the "watch videos" menu instead of the "watch recordings" menu. You might want to give them short descriptive names and you will have to go into the "utilities/setup->video manager" menu and back out again. That will automatically register the files so you can see them in the "watch videos" menu. As far as I can tell, you also have to use the "video manager" menu to delete them when you are done watching them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:32 pm 
Thanks that was it.

Though there is some weird error after putting it back in when you play it, it says the shows are 4.5 hours long each even though they are both only 1 hour each. Editing the show to cut out the commercials is also messed up. Oh well I am just happy I got them back :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:39 pm 
Another forum search for "show length" yields http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... how+length See davej45 and novellahub's solutions to both of your issues...