View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 pm 
Im guessing this question or similar has been asked before and im sorry about potentially asking again but i have had a search on the forums and i keep getting too many threads (usually in the hundreds).

Anyway im trying to do some diagnostic stuff as some of you may have seen in my previous post. I am looking at my logs and the times are out by -8hrs. I have used 'KnoppMyth-tz' and according this my time and timezone are correct as is the UTC time. When i run the command 'date' from the command line that also returns the correct time.

I have also noted that if I look at the MythWeb interface the time is incorrect there too. Would be grateful for some pointers. If it helps im based in the UK and so am using GMT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:26 pm 
Oops, seems like all i needed to do was restart the system, now all seems good! Sorry for any inconvinience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:44 pm 
Yeah, certain servers maintain their own notion of time/timezone from when they're started for pretty good reasons related to data consistency. While you can restart them one by one if you know which ones they are, it's generally easier to reboot. For reference see this page: http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=ProgramGuideIsOff