View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Mytharchive issues
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:16 pm 
I am running R5F27, and I keep having issues with Mytharchive. I can't seem to get it to work.

When I try to select files to archive, it either crashes mythfrontend. Or if I can get past that set of menu options it crashes the entire system when I try select the create dvd option.

I tried to use remote X11 in, and walk through the menu options from my apple powerbook running OSX. I was able to select everything fine, but when I got to the logviewer for burning my selected files nothing happened.

Every time I try this on a running front end, it either crashes the frontend or crashes the entire system forcing me to reboot. Yes I am running a system with both frontend and backend running on the same machine.

What log file(s) does Mytharchieve write to? Are there any logs in particular that maybe I should tail while running the utility so I can get an idea of whats causing the error? I'm at a total loss here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:10 pm 
See 7.4 under Known Changes here http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 84&start=0

Always a good starting point to read the specific version's Hints & Tips posting, tjc works very hard putting them together to help the rest of us keep our sanity...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:10 pm 
all sql tables exist. all directories exist. it kills the frontend no mater what I try. If I try to select recorded files, or video files. it blows up everytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:37 pm 
Hi,

Some hardware details could shed some light on the topic. Minimum memory may cause a swap delay and the front end seems to be sensitive to time. 384meg or greater has been a stablizing factor for me.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:55 pm 
wow....

looks like my aggressive 1900x1200 res was KILLING my swap! It was hidden in the bowls of my kern.log

The funny thing is, everything else was working fine (more or less). I had to drop back to 1024 x 768 in my xorg.conf file. Now its working properly.

THANK YOU for the tip!