View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:03 pm 
Beware of skipping forward or backwards in a DVD with the internal player as this tends to send it off to the moon. If that works for you, great, but my experience is that it generally freaks out when given any movement command other than pause, play, and quit.. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm 
Actually thats why i like it. it skips perfectly and works very naturally. I only tried one encoded DVD and it worked but the problem I found is it listed the audio tracks wrong and had stared playing the movie in spanish, I had to find the english one and then all was well. Other then that the skip and FFWD and quick hops (sip by 20 seconds or something) it does through my recordings is what I love about it. I used myth video for a long time with all my Ripped DVDs and they play flawlessly. Thats why when I tried DVD player I was shocked it was using something different (xine), and it seems to do a very poor job of it. If someone came over and thru in a DVD they would probably wonder if they broke something at first, your screen starts poping up windws my remote wasn't working properly. Just a pain all around. Again like it was said earlier, its great to have options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:41 pm 
I've since switched to "Internal", but there's one thing I don't like about it, using the skip button on my Hauppauge R808 does not go to the next (or previous) chapter...bothersome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:48 pm 
I see, my remote is a little different I have a skip button, and then my arrow left buttons. The skip will actually jump chapters, but the arrows do small inremental skips. I actually love having both. It could be possible to program it to do chapter skips, but I wouldn't be able to help you there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:35 pm 
I've actually got skip buttons, but I just realized that the up/down arrows actually do the chapter skipping...I could probably change this if I really cared, but I'm not sure I'm sticking with this remote, I may either go with a gyro/rf remote, a Wiimote or maybe see about getting my Shaw-issued Atlas PVR remote working with it. I think the Atlas has a learning function, so I'll mess around with that.

Go to page Previous  1, 2