View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:42 pm 
The issue I have is that prior to being a MythTV convert (around 5 years ago) I really enjoyed listening to Roy & HG's State of Origin on the radio while watching the game on TV. For those of you going "WTF?", Roy & HG are sports commentators who are quite funny and State of Origin is arguably the BEST display of Rugby League football in the world. Unfortunately I am no longer able to do this because of the delay in MythTV displaying the video so the audio would lead the video by about 4 sec (the delay on my live TV) and it would get way out of whack when I did my own replays of good tackles and dodgy referee calls.

I have recently been thinking about how to handle this and I was thinking there might be a way to record audio from the line-in jack and have it hook into to the TV recording. I have DTV tuners and these currently have 2 embedded audio streams for most recordings, so I was wondering if the line-in could be used to add a 3rd audio stream to the video or if this is totally crazy. Any useful suggestions on how I can achieve the result I am after are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:51 am 
I generally tackle this by bypassing mythtv, using mplayer to tune to a DTV channel, and streaming triple J over the net using a second mplayer instance. Then you momentarily pause each stream until they are in sync.