View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:15 am 
New firmware is reported to be coming today by GeekTonic. Here is the info.

http://www.geektonic.com/2008/09/hauppa ... round.html
http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=11718.0

The firmware is not posted on the Hauppauge support page yet. And, the Linux driver developer (janneg) says it is not supported yet. I would suggest holding off updating until it's official and janneg says the driver is working. I'll post again when there is more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:11 pm 
My advice right now: do not install the new beta firmware. I can't get AC3 to work yet (mythbackend segfaults) and the patches to myth are not clean (this could be why). Not much luck with any help from the developers either. Hopefully, even newer firmware will be coming soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:28 pm 
I have posted new SVN packages if anyone is interested. Build date is 21 October 2008. These packages have the KnoppMyth menus built-in along with the latest HD-PVR patches (see MythTV Wiki HD-PVR page).

Hauppauge has release v1.1 of the HD-PVR driver. It appears to contain firmware which does not match the recent beta or the original v1.0B firmware. I have not tied it out yet, so I can only suggest running the original firmware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm 
I hosed my install playing around (compiling XBMC). I installed faad-dev (or libfaad-dev or such) and now AAC decode is not solid. Does anyone know where can I get the original R5.5 debs? I really really really don't want to start from stock R5.5 again.

Once I get this issue solved, I'll be posting new packages. My current ones are linked against the bad faad library and will not work on stock R5.5. New things include (hopefully) more stability, the new ffmpeg sync and H.264 decode fixes. My list of patches for a build is growing (yuck!).

Unfortunately, the problems with resolution changes and interlaced playback are not solved. But work is continuing on both.

EDIT: This turned out to be a Myth svn bug that is now fixed. I'm still compiled against the new faad library, however it works fine.

Last edited by nharris on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:40 pm 
Hope for everyone decoding H.264 on the horizon:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/m ... ?page=last

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:38 pm 
Cool! I'm getting closer to adding an HD-PVR to my system. I couldn't help noticing that my local Fry's carries it now. All I need is an HD source like satellite or cable. That day is coming closer as Paxio (my fiber internet provider) is going to carry DirecTV and Dish Network on the fiber soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:43 pm 
Liv2Cod wrote:
That day is coming closer as Paxio (my fiber internet provider) is going to carry DirecTV and Dish Network on the fiber soon!

I'm sure DirecTV will be happy to come out to your house and install a full system for free as long as you sign up for a couple years. Those guys are just like cell phone companies now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:33 am 
I have posted new packages. Build date is 7 November 2008. I have been running these for a while and all is well. Before installing, you will need the latest libfaad.

apt-get update ; apt-get install libfaad-dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:12 am 
I installed your packages with the build date of November 7 2008. It shows this error "Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=40, backend=42)". So MythWeb doesn't work. If you have a solution for it, please post one. Until then I'm going to go back to a older build of yours.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:11 pm 
chriswmjacobs wrote:
I installed your packages with the build date of November 7 2008. It shows this error "Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=40, backend=42)". So MythWeb doesn't work.

I don't believe the packages update mythweb at all. You need to do that by hand. After you install the packages, try this.

Code:
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins/mythweb
cd mythweb
cp -R * /var/www/mythweb

Last edited by nharris on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:35 pm 
Thank you that worked.

For the last command I changed it to overwrite the files all at once.(I'm putting the commands again so that the next time you update I'll have it and not have search the internet for it.)

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins/mythweb
cd mythweb
yes | cp -R * /var/www/mythweb

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:04 pm 
I have posted new packages. Build date is 2 January 2009.

These packages are built with VDPAU support. I'm currently running with VDPAU on both my backend and frontend machines. I'm not sure what will happen if you don't have the latest nVidia beta drivers installed. I'm hoping nothing (if you don't select vdpau for your decoder), but I don't know for sure. Be prepared to downgrade if you have any issues.

You will still need to upgrade libfaad if you have not done so already.
Code:
apt-get update ; apt-get install libfaad-dev

I had to buy a couple of supported nVidia graphics cards. I choose an MSI based 9400 board with passive heatsink to replace the video card in my Dragon2 machine and it works great. Plus it was <$60.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127396

Installing the nVidia beta drivers is easy. Unfortunately, the R5.5 startup scripts undo the work. You will need to disable them before installing the beta drivers.

Code:
$ ls -al /etc/init.d | grep nvidia
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   311 Jan  2 15:58 install-nvidia-debian
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  2999 Jan  2 16:04 nvidia-glx
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   867 Jan  2 16:04 nvidia-kernel

I added an exit command at the start of each script. Here is an example.

Code:
$ cat /etc/init.d/install-nvidia-debian
#!/bin/sh
#
exit 0

case "$1" in
    start)
        if [ `lspci | grep VGA | grep -ic nvidia` -gt 0 ]; then
            echo "Checking nVidia video driver installation."
            /usr/local/bin/install-nvidia-debian.sh `/usr/local/bin/check-nvidia-driver-version.pl 173.14.09` &> /dev/null
        fi
        ;;
    *)
        ;;
esac

exit 0

Here is a link to the nVidia beta drivers with VDPAU support:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122606
I'm currently running 180.18 which is working great (for me).

I also had to disable the X composite extension to get rid of a slight tearing in the video playback.

Code:
nvidia-xconfig --no-composite

If you are brave enough to try, you will enjoy the <1% CPU usage during H.264 playback (at least on my Core2Duo).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:10 am 
Hey there!

Well, I hosed my system I think. I've been compiling from svn lately and reverted back to 19631 which was working before.

I made the mistake of applying the latest firmware from Hauppauge to my HD-PVR and now its really unstable when changing channels - it just stops working until I restart the backend.

I found and older beta driver but it didn't help. Does anyone know where I can find help to restore to an older firmware? Where can I find those firmware files?

BTW, I also turned off composite for VDPAU but I still get minor tearing. Not sure what the problem is yet, but I think I want to get the HD-PVR stabilized first.

Thanks
Norm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:08 pm 
Norm258 wrote:
I made the mistake of applying the latest firmware from Hauppauge to my HD-PVR and now its really unstable when changing channels - it just stops working until I restart the backend.

Are you applying the latest patches? See here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HD-PVR

You might also want to rebuild and install the latest hdpvr driver. Do a "rmmod hdpvr" before you do the "make install" for the hdpvr driver. Sometimes my driver updates don't seem to take and this fixed it for me (or maybe it was just luck).

Norm258 wrote:
I found and older beta driver but it didn't help. Does anyone know where I can find help to restore to an older firmware? Where can I find those firmware files?

I have some misc. firmware versions: v1.1, v1.0.3.53, and v1.0.3.47. I think I'm currently running v1.1 (whatever that is really... Hauppauge can't seem to keep coherent versioning). PM me with which version you want and an email address and I will send it to you.

You should be able to just install the old firmware on a PC with the HD-PVR plugged in and it should downgrade it. I have never done this myself, but others claim it works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:59 am 
You know, I must have looked at the page you pointed to a hundred times and that was the first time I saw those patches.

I'll let you know if I still need the firmware but I'm hoping this will solve my problem.

Thx!

Norm

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next