View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:54 am 
Norm258 wrote:
You know, I must have looked at the page you pointed to a hundred times and that was the first time I saw those patches.

It's not you... they keep updating the page to stay current. Those two patches do not patch cleanly against the latest svn. However, it's pretty easy to fix up the one file that will not patch. Both patches have been accepted into myth, so I hope they end up as a changeset soon. Then, no patches will be necessary.

Just to let you know, things are dicey right now with VDPAU and lots of changes are happening. I'll probably be compiling again next week once things settle down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 pm 
I have posted new packages. Build date is 30 January 2009.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:02 pm 
Good news. You can now compile SVN without patches for the HDPVR. As of this post, there are still two optional patches. However, everything (including live tv) works in trunk as-is.

VDPAU is also very stable (for me) now with the latest nVidia drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:42 pm 
This is great news. nharris, I just wanted to thank you for keeping this thread updated and for all the work you've done and documented. My next purchase will likely be the HD-PVR, but I would have no confidence in my own abilities to get it running. Only with the hard work of Cecil, yourself and many, many other named and nameless people who have worked tirelessly in making things work and keeping them working, could have given me the opportunity to enjoy champagne entertainment on a beer budget. Kudos to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:05 am 
Too Many Secrets wrote:
This is great news. nharris, I just wanted to thank you for keeping this thread updated and for all the work you've done and documented.

I appreciate the praise, but I am just reporting the news... not making it. That said, I hope to have a very easy path to the Myth trunk + HD-PVR + VDPAU in LinHES R6. So, hopefully there are some adventuresome testers out there willing to take the HD-PVR plunge soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:25 am 
As a Mythbuntu user for the last 18 months I'm ready to check out LinHES R6. After talking to Cecil on TLLTS I'm very interested in seeing what he's been up to lately. I just purchased a bunch of new hardware to migrate to an all HD setup. New video card (VDPAU capable), more system memory and 1 TB HD. I also picked up an PVR-1212. Looking forward to getting it working in MythTV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:51 am 
I may have missed it elsewhere in this thread, but back on Page 1 it says the IR blaster isn't working. Has that situation improved? If not, what are you using to change channels on your STB... Firewire? Serial? Other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:58 am 
I'm using serial and the directv.pl script since I have DirecTV. But you should be able to use a generic serial IR blaster too.

http://www.pdp8.net/directv/directv.shtml
http://www.irblaster.info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 pm 
If you're hardcore, you might try:

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=Dish+Network+UHF+blaster+for+tuner2

But you'll need a parallel port.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm 
I think my current motherboard has neither serial nor parallel ports, so I'd have to go USB or hope that the blaster ends up working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:44 pm 
ceenvee703 wrote:
I think my current motherboard has neither serial nor parallel ports, so I'd have to go USB or hope that the blaster ends up working.
USB to serial adapters are cheap. I'm using them for my DirecTV control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:32 am 
So are we going to add a post for doing this on R6? I'm willing to help out. I'm upgrading my box this weekend and will be installing R6. I've done minimal testing with the HD-PVR and would like to get it going in Myth in a production setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 am 
hackmeister wrote:
So are we going to add a post for doing this on R6? I'm willing to help out. I'm upgrading my box this weekend and will be installing R6. I've done minimal testing with the HD-PVR and would like to get it going in Myth in a production setting.
I would not recommend HD-PVR with Myth in a production setting yet. The WAF would be low.
That said, the procedure for R6 will be very easy. Packages will be available in the LinHES repo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:23 pm 
Quote:
That said, the procedure for R6 will be very easy. Packages will be available in the LinHES repo.

This is good news, since I've picked one up but have been waiting for R6 for an easier installation experience. So how about vdpau? I've got a 512mB fanless 8400 (its in a media closet, so I can keep air moving across it if necessary) but the processor is an X2 2600+. In order to properly display the H.264, I'm going to need to offload that to the GPU.

Quote:

A usb serial port will usually not work for a homemade irblaster, since it requires direct addressing to the port, not through the USB system. That leaves something like USB-Uirt, which you can find pretty quickly in a google search.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:21 pm 
VDPAU will also be supported.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next